PDA

View Full Version : Hi there!

Natalie
09-12-2005, 01:12 PM
Hey everyone - I'm Natalie - I'm quickly approaching 30 and I am from the South - love to read (although beware - I'm a slow reader! with good comprehension :D ) and my life dream is to be a writer I think. Anyway can't wait to talk books with y'all! Oh I love music too - all kinds - the whole spectrum! And I love eating and drinking wine! Anyway glad to be here! :wave:

volvoreta
09-12-2005, 02:57 PM
Hi, there.

What do you write?

mono
09-12-2005, 04:04 PM
Hiya, Natalie (nice avatar ;)).
As long as you love to read and write (and like music), I think you will fit in very well in the forum. And, do not worry, I tend to read (and write) slowly also; for most people, it often works well for optimal comprehension, but it really depends on the person, and the material to read - some fiction I can whip right through, but philosophy, poetry, and more compex fiction takes some time. :D

Koa
09-12-2005, 05:02 PM
Welcome...cool avatar! :D

subterranean
09-13-2005, 04:12 AM
Welcome on board. I forgot the name but your avy is one of the characters in The Simpsons right?!..

Logos
09-13-2005, 08:22 AM
Welcome to the Lit Network Natalie :)

Aurora Ariel
09-13-2005, 09:32 AM
Hi Natalie,:)
Welcome here!I hope you enjoy the forum.I'm also from the South!Best Wishes...

Kat_Orr
09-13-2005, 10:28 AM
Oh boy, another Southerner! :-) LOL I just joined last night ~ nice to meet you! :)

Koa
09-13-2005, 04:51 PM
Welcome on board. I forgot the name but your avy is one of the characters in The Simpsons right?!..

It's Ralph! :D

shortysweetp
09-13-2005, 11:34 PM
hi welcome to the forum. I wouldnt say that i am from the South but close I am in Oklahoma which is really close. What are some of your favorite foods? I love Italian food but I tend to over eat when eating Italian and I love to bake anything bread, cakes, cookies, pies you name the dessert and I like baking it :)

Natalie
09-15-2005, 11:33 AM
hi there - thanks for the warm welcome everyone!

To answer a few questions, I like to write memoir stuff (ok, only because it's what I'm best at - writing about me?) - I'd love to be good at writing reviews of books, movies, food but still working on that - I'm not good at creative fiction yet - at all. I was a journalism major so my background is more straight-facts - although I'm wordy as all h*ll! (not fitting, huh)

As for food - I like it all but I love Italian food and American fine dining type cuisine - I love to go out and have a great filet or some fish and a nice bottle of wine. YUM.

Glad to be here! :banana:

spofforth
09-21-2005, 07:02 AM
Hi Natalie,
I'm new here also, I'm from Manila, I also love books and music. Pls try listening to Filipino musician his name is BAMBOO.

edited to remove a link

Logos
09-21-2005, 09:18 AM
Hello spofforth

I edited your post to remove that link you included.

Firstly, we don't encourage downloading free music from the internet.

Secondly, as per the Forum Rules, advertising is not allowed in posts.