PDA

View Full Version : Cuervo

Cuervo
09-10-2005, 12:35 PM
HEllo. My real name is Carlos (Charles) I'm Spanish. A spanish is someone who cannot be anything else, said a philosopher. My favourite readings include, well, everything. From Dosto to Proust. I must admit that medieaval literature usually stick in my throat. As you can see, my English is awful.
Well, that's all folks. Good Bye
Ah, my nick - cuervo- means crow, raven, after Ted Hughes', Crow. Have you read him?
Ciao

Koa
09-10-2005, 01:02 PM
Bienvenido en el forum! :D
Or, in other words, welcome and enjoy it here!!! :)

mono
09-10-2005, 02:55 PM
Greetings, Cuervo, welcome to the Literature Network. :)
Besides what you say, your English looks very good to me, and easy to understand. According to your choices in literature, Proust, Dostoevsky, and Hughes (I love his poetry!), I think you should fit in well here. ;)

Aurora Ariel
09-11-2005, 12:57 AM
Hi Cuervo,
Welcome to the forum!I send many best wishes to you there in Spain.Personally, I have always thought it would be interesting to learn Spanish though I have never travelled to Spain myself-but hopefully one day!

samercury
09-16-2005, 07:53 PM
Hi Cuervo =D

Welcome!!! You'll love it here (Yeah I just learned a new Spanish word :Happy:)

See you around

subterranean
09-16-2005, 09:21 PM
I thought cuervo means curve in English :blush:

Welcome on board :wave:

Logos
09-17-2005, 07:14 AM
Hola Carlos! welcome to the Literature Network :D

Logos
09-17-2005, 07:19 AM
Oh yes, about Ted Hughes :)

yes, I've read some of his poetry, it's been fascinating to read his and Sylvia's poetry as they relate to each other, especially in Ariel's Gift and Birthday Letters (http://www.amazon.com/exec/obidos/tg/detail/-/0393020096/qid=1126955851/sr=1-7/ref=sr_1_7/104-9587774-3885517?v=glance&s=books)

mono
09-17-2005, 01:54 PM
I thought cuervo means curve in English :blush:
Worry not, sub, I had to look it up in my Spanish dictionary also.
In a more embarrassing thought, though I love Ted Hughes' poetry, I first regarded 'cuervo' as a brand of alcohol, very popular in this area, which contributed to the lesser-amusing events of my last birthday. Needless to say, I like the Ted Hughes version of 'cuervo' more. :rolleyes:

Koa
09-17-2005, 05:36 PM
Worry not, sub, I had to look it up in my Spanish dictionary also.

I knew it from the first moment instead: in Italian it's 'corvo'. Mwhahahaha *evil laughter* :D

Now I suppose this Carlos will be back as soon as he has time to, cos his introduction was actually nice and warm... but why are there so many people who post an introduction and then never ever post again? I mean ok, they migth have a life unlike me, but.. it does seem a bit pointless to me...

subterranean
09-18-2005, 07:48 AM
Glad it entertained you a little :p ...
I'm poor in Spanish/Italian/French/Portuguese..Glad there are multi-language speaking people in the forum :)

I knew it from the first moment instead: in Italian it's 'corvo'. Mwhahahaha *evil laughter* :D

Logos
09-18-2005, 07:55 AM
but why are there so many people who post an introduction and then never ever post again? I mean ok, they migth have a life unlike me, but.. it does seem a bit pointless to me...

Traffic has been increasing here a lot, especially since Sept. and school starting again.

We just have to hope that as numbers of registrations increase, so will active members, it's great to see when someone sticks around. :)

(But as you say I guess people just get busy, or, who knows why they don't come back? :confused: )