PDA

View Full Version : Hello everyone!!

Kaltrina
09-06-2005, 03:53 AM
I'm Kaltrina. I'm a student of English Language. and I love reading novels. I found this site by searching things about Jane Eyre and I'm happy to be here...

arabian night
09-06-2005, 04:30 AM
hello kaltrina :) welcome abroad. I hope you would enjoy it being here and am sure you will.
am an english literature student as well *~~Greetings~~*

Kaltrina
09-06-2005, 05:12 AM
hey arabian night I really do enjoy it here, I can discuss things with people, and I don't feel boring because when I try discussing novels with my sister or friends they look at me strange. hahaahhaha. tell me any favourite novel or poem or any other peace of literature.

adilyoussef
09-06-2005, 05:30 AM
Hi Kaltrina! Welcome home ( I use the term 'home' cos this is our home members of the literature network. We meet here everyday and share what we have in commen). Soon you'll be addicted to this forum. Trust me. Me too I have the same problem as yours. Poeple in my country are not intrested in reading at all. TV and computer have killed the books. What is strange in my country is that if I whant to see the last movie, although it is a new one just recently made, I can have it easily, but a book or a novel, whatever it is, is impossible to find. If I whant to read a calssical novel, let alone books or modern novels, I have to travel to a town 100km far from my city to look for it and wait months to find a good one. Most of the novels that I have are on my computer and I can't face the screan for a long time to read them. So at least, I find here, in this forum, a surogate to what I need.

So happy to be here with you and I hope to meet you in other threads. :wave:

Kaltrina
09-06-2005, 05:38 AM
hey adillyoussef nice to meet you to and thank you for the warm welcome. I am really happy to be here and i love reading discussions or threads (how they are called here) about various books or poems.

adilyoussef
09-06-2005, 05:42 AM
There are lots of threads conserning books or poems. just go to the section of poetry or literature and you will find what you need. I usually go to new posts and post in the new posted threads. Go ahead. I whant to see you in other threads soon.
You will really enjoy yourself here.

Koa
09-06-2005, 06:16 AM
Hi Kaltrina, and welcome...
A question regarding to your location... is that Kosovo, that land between Serbia and Macedonia if I'm not wrong... well if it's that you know what I mean. That would be interesting, I would have never expect to meet someone from there! :)
And if not, tell me where is it that you are from... just curious!

Kaltrina
09-06-2005, 06:54 AM
yes that is the country, but in our language we call it Kosova, and it is the same as Kosovo which is part of former Yugoslavia. I'm glad u find it interesting. so I'll be the first you met from that country then. nice to meet you.... :)
and adilyoussef thank u so much for helping me.

gumption
09-06-2005, 07:02 AM
hi everyone
i only just joined a second ago i think this is a great site!

gumption
09-06-2005, 07:04 AM
don't mind my name it was a spurr of the moment kind of thing

adilyoussef
09-06-2005, 07:15 AM
You are allways welcome Kaltarina.

hi everyone
i only just joined a second ago i think this is a great site!

Hi gumption. Welcome to the forum. hope you get lots of fun.

Kaltrina
09-06-2005, 07:45 AM
hi gumption, I'm new here also and to let me tell you u'll love it for sure. :)

Koa
09-06-2005, 10:24 AM
yes that is the country, but in our language we call it Kosova, and it is the same as Kosovo which is part of former Yugoslavia. I'm glad u find it interesting. so I'll be the first you met from that country then. nice to meet you.... :)
and adilyoussef thank u so much for helping me.

yeah cool, my next question was going to be if Kosova is the way you call it in your language but you already answered that... so what's the language there btw? is it similar to serbian or something like that? or do you have a proper language? and how's life down there these days... I mean the place is rather known because of some problems... but I hope that everything is going fine....

Kaltrina
09-06-2005, 10:40 AM
thank you for asking. our language is albanian. it is the same as in albania. not as serbian. serbian is a slavic language and ours is albanian. it is ok now here, even though we are still dealing with some things but th crucial thing is that we are on peace and for now on we don't have any conflicts. where are u from?

mono
09-06-2005, 01:21 PM
I send many greetings to you both, Kaltrina and gumption, to the Literature Network.
I hope you enjoy it here, as I have, but, if you love literature, as you say, that ought to seem no challenge. ;)

Koa
09-07-2005, 01:02 PM
thank you for asking. our language is albanian. it is the same as in albania. not as serbian. serbian is a slavic language and ours is albanian. it is ok now here, even though we are still dealing with some things but th crucial thing is that we are on peace and for now on we don't have any conflicts. where are u from?

Glad to hear things are fine. I read an article about your president just a few hours ago, on a newspaper.
Albanian wow... that seems a very interesting language cos it's so different from all the languages that surround it... that's cool. Do you happen to also speak Serbian...? As you were and somehow are still sort of joined...
(I hope you dont mind all these questions, I'm desperately curious about how life really is in other places :))
As for me, I'm from Italy, not really that far away eh? :) Just other side of the sea (though I live in the north). Wait, do you have a coast in Kosovo...uhm... Kosova? ;) I forgot how the map looks like :)

EDIT: OH ok, you don't have the sea... that was Montenegro ;)

http://www.commondreams.org/kosovo/kosovoimages/bceurope1.jpg

Kaltrina
09-29-2005, 09:12 AM
Glad to hear things are fine. I read an article about your president just a few hours ago, on a newspaper.
Albanian wow... that seems a very interesting language cos it's so different from all the languages that surround it... that's cool. Do you happen to also speak Serbian...? As you were and somehow are still sort of joined...
(I hope you dont mind all these questions, I'm desperately curious about how life really is in other places :))
As for me, I'm from Italy, not really that far away eh? :) Just other side of the sea (though I live in the north). Wait, do you have a coast in Kosovo...uhm... Kosova? ;) I forgot how the map looks like :)

EDIT: OH ok, you don't have the sea... that was Montenegro ;)

Koa sorry I haven't answered to this post of yours but I haven't seen it till now. I was looking through old posts and i saw this one.
I don't mind any questions, whatever you're interested to know ask and i'll answer if i can. :D
yes I can speak Serbian because as a little girl almost all my neighbours were Serbians and all the employees in the shops were Serbians... but you probably know all these stuff from my other posts. anyway, it doesn't matter I wanted to respond to your questions... :D :wave:

and yes Montenegro is the one with sea, not us :D :D

Logos
09-29-2005, 09:32 AM

Hello Kaltrina, I too am glad that your part of the world is living in relative peace now :)

Kaltrina
09-29-2005, 09:36 AM
thanks Logos. ;) :)

Demon
10-04-2005, 06:31 PM
I never thought there would be so many people on a literature thread, proves that electronics haven't taken over fully