PDA

View Full Version : U.S. Puritan and Revolution Literary Movement Help

KnowledgeSeeker
09-04-2005, 03:46 PM
I need help on a project I am doing for my AP Lit. class. For the project you have to find out the timeline for each movement and summarize the trends of the movement. My partner and I got stuck with U.S. Puritan and Revolution movements and I can not find any information on them. Any help that anyone could offer would be greatly appreciated.

PeterL
09-04-2005, 09:04 PM
I would guess that the Puritan movement was Cotton Mather, Jonathan Edwards, etc, but Unless the Revolutionary movement was Thomas Paine, etc., I don't know what it means. Do you have definitions of those eras?

KnowledgeSeeker
09-04-2005, 10:27 PM
Do you have definitions of those eras?
None at all. All we were told was to research those specific areas of literature.

PeterL
09-04-2005, 10:57 PM
None at all. All we were told was to research those specific areas of literature.

It looks like you will have to do some research. I have never encountered anything that would be called the Puritan Movement, although I have had the misfortune of reading som of the sermons of Mather and Edwards. You might try searching on google for timeline of American literature and related searches.

KnowledgeSeeker
09-05-2005, 08:09 PM
That's what I figured. I just wanted to make sure I wasn't missing something completely obvious. Thank you so much for the help though!

PeterL
09-05-2005, 08:55 PM
If you find out what was meant by the Puritan movement and the Revolutionary movement, please post exactly what they are; I'm wondering.