PDA

View Full Version : i love it

j.p
09-02-2005, 12:33 PM
little women is one of the best book ever written i simply loved i cried when beth died and i was a little upset that jo denied laurie i think they were perfect for eachother. but then i think amy was perfect for him to oh well i just simply love it

samercury
09-02-2005, 01:19 PM
I love Little Women too, yeah, it was kind of sad. By the way, did u see the movie version? Also have you read any of her other books- I love them too =)

Darlin
09-20-2005, 07:51 PM
I was wondering which version of the Little Women movies is your favorite? Little Women's one of my favorite book's too.

Pensive
10-13-2005, 02:09 PM
I read Little Women and I quite liked it although I did not find it as good as I expected it to be....
I will give it 7/10

NNoah3
10-13-2005, 02:16 PM
I love the movie version staring by Susan Sarandon, Winona Rider and Gabriel Byrne, released in 1994.

Darlin
10-13-2005, 03:51 PM
NNoah3, I really like Gabriel Byrne so he made the movie enjoyable for me. I really love the first one though because Katharine Hepburn just seemed like Jo. Now I think the second one's exceptionally good too - it's funnier I think with Elizabeth Taylor's Amy always stuffing her face and June Allyson, like Katharine Hepburn is one of my favorite actors. I also think the second one had the cutest Laurie in Peter Lawford.

The last one I just didn't think Claire Danes was a good Beth - she was so much larger than Winona Ryder and every time I saw her it took away from the movie. To me Beth is supposed to be small and almost childlike. When Clare died I was just glad. That sounds so mean doesnít it! :D I just thought if Winona and Clare could have traded parts it would have been a better match body wise at least. Did you notice that? I didnít mind the feministic view though I was surprised by it Ė it wasnít in the book at all which gave the last movie a totally different feel but thatís what happens when books are adapted.

NNoah3
10-13-2005, 04:25 PM
Hey Darlin, :blush: you caught me!!!! When I wrote that I was thinking in Gabriel Byrne :D. I agree with you that Katharine Hepburn seemed more like Jo so I enjoyed that version too.

Flora
12-20-2005, 10:09 AM
I liked the plot in general, but somehowe, I find the March girls a bit too good. I suppose that is how they lived in those times, but still...

j.p
12-31-2005, 12:59 AM
i wanna see the movie with elizabeth taylor so bad but i cant find it any where

soulsistachick
04-05-2006, 09:25 PM
I love both the movie and all the books they are some of my all time favourite classics along with the diary of Anne frank

RJbibliophil
08-25-2006, 04:51 PM
I cried for Beth, but if I hadn't, I wouldn't like the book as much as I do. I found it better than I had expected, so I might rate it 10/10

JaneEyre1986
01-10-2007, 03:37 AM
i wanna see the movie with elizabeth taylor so bad but i cant find it any where

Netflix?

I cried for Beth, but if I hadn't, I wouldn't like the book as much as I do. I found it better than I had expected, so I might rate it 10/10

I rate it 10/10 too! I read Little Women for the first time in 6th grade, I checked it out from the school library. Then I read it again when I was in 7th grade, and 8th grade. I think I finally got it after I graduated high school, and now have Little Women and Little Men. I'm on the hunt for Jo's Boys, but I've read that too. I absolutely love the series.

ladyflorange
09-07-2008, 07:14 PM
my mum first read Little Women to me when I was 10, I got the set for my 16th birthday, and now I'm 21 and re-read them at least twice a year, every time I feel sad. I know how horribly geeky that probably sounds, but I just love them :p I can't help it!

JosephineMarch
01-11-2010, 02:22 AM
I love the movie version staring by Susan Sarandon, Winona Ryder and Gabriel Byrne, released in 1994.

THAT IS MY ALL-TIME FAVORITE!!! I MUST AGREE! Also, Claire Danes was phenomenal as Beth, I don't think anyone else could have portrayed her so realistically. :thumbs_up:thumbs_up