PDA

View Full Version : help me please. i'm writing a paper about the count of monte cristo

Fiona Dumas
08-31-2005, 10:16 AM
hi guys. I'm writing a paper about the count of monte cristo. would you give me your opinion bout that novel? or the movies?
such as, how the story affected and change your life, and so on. Just reply this thread. Thanks before for your help. I'll apreciate that.
contact me at [email protected]
or
[email protected]

Nata
09-03-2005, 08:31 AM
MAY CONTAIN SPOILERS-HOPE YOU'VE READ THE BOOK!!

I read the Count of Monte Cristo this year after my sister and flatmate both said it was their fave book. I can't say that it changed my life exactly, but I love the imagery of the Count as an avenging angel, believing Heaven on his side as he gave people what he thought to be their just desserts. There are some really heartwarming bits (M. Morrel and the Pharaon!) but Alexandre Dumas shows the Count's human side with after the tragic consequences of punishing Villefort-perhaps the Count did not allow for other people's meddling in his plans- did his wealth and talent give him a greater sense of power than he actually had?
In the book it's sad to see how he changes from a young idealistic man into a bitter (but justafiably so) avenger, and the film allows greater redemption for both him and Mercedes, but is too 'Hollywood' for my liking. There are some great supporting characters (M. Noirtier, L'Abbe Faria and M. Morrel), and there is a certain poetry in the comeuppance of the main 4 (Fernand, Caderousse, Danglars and Villefort) as the Count pushes F into despair by taking everything away from him (as F did to him) and how he gives C enough rope to hang himself, so to speak.
Hope your paper goes well,
Nata

Fiona Dumas
09-06-2005, 08:24 AM
hi, thanks for your help, and thanks for your support.
best regards

Kaltrina
09-06-2005, 08:41 AM
hi Fiona. I haven't read the book but I have seen the movie three times, and I love it. it's a very intersting movie, I like the way things happen how they are all connected, it is the kind of story where nothing is resolved untill the end, in fact things and events add up to each other and it makes a big confused situation untill the culmination point where he goes to prison innocent and when he meets the old man who helps him through his time there, with education and with their escape. I love the way how he progresses and besomes a real educated young man. after prison he's not a weak and unprotected young man anymore because he is wise and he doesn't need protection, he protects himself very well. and the other thing that I love about this book is the details, the are very present in the book and at the end they all match. that's amazingly beautiful. hope I've helped a little at least. good luck...