PDA

View Full Version : themes of Pride And Prejudice

aboAbdullah
01-17-2002, 06:16 PM
Hi, Thanks for all.
Being non-native-speaker , I am going to share your opinions and ideas of some issues .
I beg your pardon if I have missed up .

The themes Pride And prejudice

Jane Austin is the author of the novel Pride and Prejudice. She wrote to entertain her family. She read a lot and developed her attitudes, personality about her society and how people cope with their problems. Thus, she became familiar with morals; lifestyles, duties and the swirls of social interactions went on. Thus, she was able to deal with these things to show her readers how English society was used to be and reveals that her society was conservative but nowadays every things had changed. It is as same as other societies. It is obvious that these norms were criticized in this novel . Jane Austen dealt with the tow classes in English society : Aristocracy and Lower class . She revealed that English people take into consideration treat of marriage. Henry smith in his Preparative Marriage stated: a marriage is called Conjugium which signifieth a knitting or joining together, showing that unless there be a joining of hearts and knitting of affections together , it is not marriage indeed , but in show and name , and they shall dwell in a house like two poisons in a stomach and one shall ever be sick of the other . Secondly, treat of love which based on : passion , affection , entertainment, dancing , playing and joyous times . Thirdly, beliefs and conduct which sown by people during their day life . How they deal with each other and how well they could receive guest and debate with them . Moreover, how sort of human beings detest others and judge some others by their external appearances. Jane Austen also really states that there was a conflict between the two classes and how far each class people prejudiced others and how some sorts of people were proud of positions and undervalue others . It is clear that the author treated theses thing to interact and resolve each other . It is obvious that English society hates such matrimony that takes place contrary to its custom and people habits.

LPRox015
01-12-2007, 11:29 AM
I love Jane Austin! She was an absolutely amazing writer!:)