PDA

View Full Version : Greetings!

lpitts31974
08-29-2005, 09:26 PM
Hello all! I am new to this site and all seems well so far. I am looking for some background information on some of the characters in Macbeth-Banquo and Donelbain to be exact. From my understanding, Banquo was truly a descendant of a man named Duncan, but I can not find anything to support this information. If anyone has any ideas or knows any useful information, please let me know.

Sincerity and Thanks,

lp

Aurora Ariel
08-29-2005, 11:24 PM
Hi Ipitts31974,
Firstly, welcome to this forum!I've also just recently joined here.
Macbeth is one of my favourite works by Shakespeare and I would suggest you go to www.google.com and type in the specific characters with Macbeth, then search till you find the most informative site.I'll list a few sites below that I've actually used myself, which can be very helpful with finding details on his work;the characters and background in individual plays.
Try sites such as www.novelguide.com , www.courseworkhelp.co.uk , and
www.allshakespeare.com

Good luck searching!:)

mono
08-29-2005, 11:54 PM
Greetings, lpitts, welcome to the Literature Network.
If I remember correctly from Shakespeare's Macbeth, Banquo did not descend from King Duncan, but only Malcolm and Donalbain, Malcolm's younger brother. There seem so many characters in all of Shakespeare's plays, however, that I get them easily confused.
A sight I always find very useful: http://www.sparknotes.com/shakespeare/macbeth/
Good luck! :)