PDA

View Full Version : Hi everyone!I just discovered this great site and decided to join the forum...

Aurora Ariel
08-22-2005, 09:22 AM

mono
08-22-2005, 09:59 AM
Hello, Aurora Ariel, welcome to the Literature Network!
How pleasant that you already seem to like the madness . . . I mean . . . features here. :D You mentioned your love for poetry, which there seems too few of us. Do you have any favorite poets in particular?
As for everyone's locations, you asked, we began a very long thread of it here, though I, personally, come from Portland, Oregon (in the United States):
http://www.online-literature.com/forums/showthread.php?t=4577

Aurora Ariel
08-22-2005, 01:20 PM

mono
08-23-2005, 08:00 PM
Oh my goodness! Never apologize for making too long of a post, especially considering that I could not have typed such reverential, beautiful, and enthusiastic words regarding literature myself.
I cannot agree more that we seem lucky to have such a product like the Internet to exchange such information, though I sometimes imagine how I would have loved to meet a few literary groups like the transcendentalists (Emerson, Thoreau, Channing, Hawthorne, etc.) or with Byron, Keats, Shelley, Wordsworth, and Coleridge.

Shakespeare,Milton,Spenser,
Shelley(both Percy Bysshe and Mary),
Keats,Byron,Coleridge,
Rossetti,Tennyson,
Dickenson,Bronte,Browning,
Yeats,Frost,Joyce,Wolf,Auden,
Plath,Heaney,Thomas,
Kipling,Orwell,Miller,
Steinbeck,Hemingway and Tolstoy.
Wow! I think we will agree very well in tastes of literature and poetry. In terms of favorites, like you, I can never possibly name only a few, but our tastes seem similar. In poetry, some of my favorites: John Keats, Emily Dickinson, Samuel Taylor Coleridge, Lord Byron, Percy Bysshe Shelly, Rumi, D.H. Lawrence, Ralph Waldo Emerson, Henry David Thoreau, Robert and Elizabeth Barrett Browning, Robert Frost, Sylvia Plath, W.H. Auden, William Stafford and W.B. Yeats; though, also, I cannot forget the ancient Greeks and Romans, along with epics like Shakespeare, Milton, Petrarch, Dante, Chaucer, and Spenser.
Well, thank you very much for your enlightening and enthusiastic reply, and I look forward to seeing you more on the forums. :)

Logos
08-23-2005, 08:03 PM
Hello Aurora Ariel, welcome to the Literature Network! :)

Aurora Ariel
08-25-2005, 12:51 PM

Believer
08-25-2005, 01:06 PM
hello Aurora Ariel, Welcome to the fourms,
I'm from UAE and new here too, and I really liked all the sections...
you will have a wonderful time here, I'm sure, welcome again,
Maya

http://filehost.to/files/2005-08-25_02/144915_literaturebeliever.jpg