PDA

View Full Version : Hi

adam kadmon
08-14-2005, 02:32 PM
Hi, I was happy to find this site, enjoy the treasures available on line, and chat with folk that may add, to my desire to write. My first shall be one I have been compiling for 4 years. Working title 'How.......' ...an incomplete one I admit, but expect to find the words to fill out the ideas now formed. I wonder if anyone out there might use an old script writer's device..by beginning a work with an ending, even one that might be discarded later, but at least a direction to go.? Best of fortune, ak

lavendar1
08-14-2005, 10:52 PM
Hello, Adam. Nice to 'meet' you.

Your desire to write caught my interest, as did the title of your first 'work.' I'm right now working on a piece of creative writing called "Titles, First Lines" that's a parody of the writing process. In this age of desire for immediate gratification and short attention span, I'm thinking, why not keep it simple -- shouldn't a title and first line be enough? I hope it turns out as humorous on paper as it is in my head!

If you get writer's block like I do, try writing in the "Write a Really Short Story in 50 Words or Less" section of the forum. It'll force you to focus.

Hope to "read you" soon.

mono
08-15-2005, 12:54 AM
Greetings, Adam. Unfortunately, I know of no definite cure for writer's block, even suffering from it myself, periodically; the best we can do seems an attempt to help - just try to not force yourself to write, as that can result in some not-so-self-satisfying material, I have found.
Welcome to the forum, anyway, and good luck! :)