PDA

View Full Version : Guitly Pleasure

America141
08-12-2005, 10:25 PM
I can't help it. I have read a lot and I admire great literature and great writers..but I love Christie. Sure her plots repeated themesleves and the stories are far-fetched...but I just love them. Sure it can be wonderful to discuss Walden's Pond but there is nothing like curling up with a "Christie" and reading it all night long.

Bluraven
11-23-2005, 01:21 PM
I couldn't agree more! Agatha's works are the Mocha Latte's of literature, and are the perfect end to any day!!

starrwriter
11-23-2005, 02:25 PM
My guilty pleasure is Raymond Chandler's novels. They ain't litrachure, but they sure are fun to read. Nobody ever really talked like Phillip Marlowe and other Chandler characters, which is what makes the dialogue so fascinating.

scarjo
11-10-2008, 06:12 PM
I think it's a prejudice that Agatha Christie isn't "great literature". Her books are much greater than the ones of most Noble Prize winners. "Great literature" is supposed to be realistic, political and boring.

Thespian1975
12-16-2008, 01:04 PM
I can't help it. I have read a lot and I admire great literature and great writers..but I love Christie. Sure her plots repeated themesleves and the stories are far-fetched...but I just love them. Sure it can be wonderful to discuss Walden's Pond but there is nothing like curling up with a "Christie" and reading it all night long.

I agree totally. :thumbs_up

Delta40
01-27-2009, 02:04 AM
I had her entire collection including the Who's Who. I finally donated them. I wish I hadn't now.....

mona amon
01-27-2009, 03:42 AM
Count me among the Agatha Christie fans. :)

Delta40
01-27-2009, 07:38 AM
Do you have any particular favourties mona amon? My most fondest is Mrs McGinty's Dead

wordeater
09-27-2012, 06:26 AM
Modern crime writers are sometimes more realistic, and they know more about forensic science, but ultimately what a detective novel needs is a good plot, a high pace combined with a lot of humor and psychology. And AC is still the best at that.

mona amon
09-28-2012, 03:44 AM
Do you have any particular favourties mona amon? My most fondest is Mrs McGinty's Dead

Gosh, I never answered this - how rude of me! :blush:

Delta, I'm not sure which is my favourite because I rarely remember them afterwards!