PDA

View Full Version : Audio Poetry

leonthepupil
09-05-2003, 12:14 PM
Hi,guys!!
How about listen to the poetry...I just came across a website which provides audio poetry in mp3..you can find William Blake,W.B.Yeats,John Keats.T.S.Eliot there...
see:
http://www.english.eku.edu/Pellegrino/worldpoetry/

who's the next
who's gonna recommend more?
i am expecting more resources..
thanks!

leonthepupil
09-05-2003, 12:25 PM
Lucky you den!
Hah here i am in a circumstance where listening to English is kinda Practice..:-).And such stuff is very rare here..So i listen to them times and times again..
tell me your comment on his reading

leonthepupil
09-05-2003, 11:57 PM
Yeah,i find the reader is a Prof of Department of English,East Kentucky University.I like his way of reading the poetry.Thanks a lot for his work!

i really do love to hear poetry being read with emotion.It's a pity that the movie" Dead Poets Society"i watched was in Chinese version.The charm of poetry in this movie was greatly affected.

Shea
09-06-2003, 08:38 AM
I'll have to try your suggestion, Leon. We've been studing John Dunne in my British Lit class, and though I read the poems out loud to myself, I still don't understand them as well as when my instructor reads them even before he's explained them. But if you don't pay attention to the words on the page, it's very difficult to differentiate when he's reading and when he's just talking! :rolleyes:

leonthepupil
09-06-2003, 12:26 PM
Haha,:-)Shea,here i listen to the poems as background music every time i surf on net :o)I can't quite differentiate the words he read either but now i find it as if i could recite some of them,like "Mock on, mock on, Voltaire, Rousseau","Little lamb, who made thee?" etc...I really do enjoy them!