PDA

View Full Version : 'Emma': Too long?

kidtirangle
08-12-2005, 10:39 AM
That emmma is to long is a deficiency of it.The whole story could be written in 100 pages and it would have been better than the current text we should know that longivity is a main problem it discourages students like me[but i did] although the book is a very good one it teaches sense and advices readers. Jane have waste too much a time in writing the the long book.besides that the book is good i will give it 80 percent.

earthchild
02-22-2006, 06:56 PM
I think that is quite a statement! I don't understand why you chose to read such a story if you were intimidated by the "length" of it...

pandora
10-04-2006, 04:11 AM
I have just started reading "Emma", it is going well for now.But i am not sure what will happen in the end or middle.I think i will not be surprised.Because the ones read before me have not said anything bad.

Roxy87
11-08-2006, 03:18 PM
I have to disagree. Emma isn't too long and it certainly couldn't have been written in a hundred pages. No I guess it could have but then it wouldn't be nearly as good. The characters wouldn't have been nearly as deep and the plot would've been rushed through.

Vedrana
11-10-2006, 05:51 AM
You could condense Emma, but would you get out of it what you had when you read the full text? (I hope that made sense. lol.) A lot of what makes Emma so loved by people is the way that it comments on society, and you can't get that same understanding if it's just 100 pages. Or so I believe.

Matrim Cuathon
02-12-2007, 07:24 PM
emma has so much more to offer than the plot. the descriptions are fun be they of characters or settings. suffice it to say that if you think it could be so much shorter than it is not the book for you.

vin1391
03-12-2007, 11:01 AM
The book is ok...but compared to the others it takes too long to read.I have yet to finish it...I have tried 2 times and now a third time will have to do..

Then again its probably me.I like the other books when compared to Emma.

Sir Bartholomew
07-02-2007, 08:41 PM
"LONG"! Middlemarch. Now THAT is long.