PDA

View Full Version : romantic period

aditi_01
09-03-2003, 02:57 PM
hey
can u guys pls help me out with romantic period?
its history and characteristics ?
contribution of the poets and authors during tht time....and about the romantic essay??
or can any 1 suggest me sum good sites??
bye 4 now
thnx

Shea
09-04-2003, 07:30 PM
I know that it was an 18 century movement in Europe but was late getting to America during which the highest point was during the early to mid 19 century. Try studing about Wordsworth, Keats, Byron, Shelly, etc... ;)

Wilfred
09-04-2003, 10:04 PM
The Romantic Period was a movement when people began to change their ideas. There was a greater emphasis on nature and nature was viewed as a more holy and divine thing which one could learn great things from. Romantics focused more attention on the actual feeling rather that what life was really like. People belived in a greater being and unlike later movements, humans were seen as being inheriently good and capable of change for the better. These ideas were reflected in literature by having a great emphasis on nature as well as other things. THe romantic movement changed music in that composers began to compose music that reflected their feelings and did not compose as much to a set pattern or formula. They also began composing for themselves and what they wanted to where previously they had composed what ever some noble guy wanted them to. The romantic movement is really very complex, and in my opinion is very facinating to study, what I have come up with is very little. Sorry I could not think of more. I don't really know any web pages or books, on the topic, but it would most likly be in any standard dictionary.

tree
09-06-2003, 06:59 AM
It was a excellent period of the History, cos this is fantastic to know it, is wonderful to me understand it, the love, the sad feelings in their minds( of the writers), and everything that...