PDA

View Full Version : Good evening Everyone!

Bill Bon
08-08-2005, 09:31 PM
Hello Everyone!,

I would like to just say Hello to everyone! I enjoy plays and was happy to found this website! Althought, I will be going overseas, for a year. I look forward to the upcoming events at the Chrystal Hall, in Norfolk, Va. I plan to send my children and thier mother ( The real play lover) Tickets to see several shows next year. Plays offer a form of enterainment that can't be copied in Movies or on Television. I see, live actors! I feel: all the montion; excitement!, thrill!, that can only be experienced in the theater. The roar of the crowd! As the actors come out after the show. You can actually FEEL the actors complishment, of a well performed show. And the enjoyment of this! Is a great feeling! A feeling that only the theater can bring! Only the theater experience can give! And only the theater can do! Everyone Enjoy!

Logos
08-09-2005, 08:20 AM
Hello Bill welcome to the Literature Network :)

There are many texts contained on this site that are plays, including Shakespeare of course, maybe you will be starting some discussion about them.

A few years ago I saw a production of Franz Kafka's Metamorphosis, it was interesting to note the creative adaptation of the short story to stage.

Aramis
08-09-2005, 08:42 AM
What plays are you sending them to? Classic Shakespeare-like plays, modern plays, or a mixture of both?

mono
08-09-2005, 12:06 PM
Wonderful to have another play fanatic on the forum! It sounds like you and your family will have a great time.
Welcome to the Literature Network, Bill Bon. :D

Bill Bon
08-10-2005, 12:23 AM
Joseph and The amazing techocolor dreamcoat, plus, at least two more. I'm sorry, but the Chrysler Hall website doesn't currently have the 2006 schedule. I just remember Joseph, will have to drive by there again soon, and catch the display of the other shows coming. Inaddition, my younger daugther will be taking drama classes this fall, and will hopefully enjoy them and take up acting. She has a wonderful imagination and would her to see her explore it's possilibilites!