PDA

View Full Version : Hello To All!

JaynaLove
08-06-2005, 01:03 AM
:smash: Wow this thing is adorable! Anyway...*Waves cheerfully* Hello! My name is Jayna! I'd rather not let out my real age if you don't mind. I could be a broken old woman or a five year old who snuck on her mothers computer. (If I had I doubt I'd be alive right now so you can count that one out!) But I can truthfully tell you that I AM a female! One of the most misunderstood species of the human race. And really who understands woman anyway? Besides woman of course!

Well I've always been a bookworm. Computer geek is quite new but I can live with it. I've always loves reading. I have so many books I swear I must trip over the books that don't fit on my shelves on a daily basis. And lately I've had this thing with original literature. It all started when I saw that new Peter Pan movie and than had the urge to read the book. And somehow I ended up here. Why? Don't know, don't care. But I'm thrilled to be here! It's a great chance for me to make new friends and get introduced to books I probably never would have heard of otherwise! I hope we can all be great friends! (Or at least a few of us! ^^)

Jay
08-06-2005, 06:48 AM
:wave: Hey Jayna, welcome on board! If you're thinking reading books you might not have read otherwise, do you want to give our Book Club (http://www.online-literature.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=15) http://i11.photobucket.com/albums/a157/jayellen/smileys/book.gif a go? You can find a thread with a list of books we've already read (http://www.online-literature.com/forums/showthread.php?t=3669) in the club or you can nominate/vote/read/discuss the recent books we're reading.

mags
08-06-2005, 08:45 AM
Hi all I have signed up for a distance literature degree course and was hop :idea: hoping that discussions on this website could be used to stimulate ideas and debates concerning various works of literature. At the moment studying Henry V Regards Mags :idea:

Bianca Fransen
08-06-2005, 11:34 AM
Hi Mags and JaynaLove,

Nice to read your reasons to join! You will probably find what you are looking for here.. There are so many threads, so many discussions.. so many, many people who just love books. Hope to see you a lot!

mono
08-06-2005, 02:04 PM
But I can truthfully tell you that I AM a female! One of the most misunderstood species of the human race. And really who understands woman anyway? Besides woman of course!
This almost reminds me of a quote from Sigmund Freud, who obviously did not know women well, that the most perplexing things he knew of regarded the mind, war, and women. :rolleyes:
I bid a warm welcome to both of you, JaynaLove and mags, and I surely hope you enjoy it here. :)

RococoLocket
08-06-2005, 04:42 PM
Hello mags & Jayna :wave:

krishna
08-06-2005, 07:40 PM
Hello Jayna and Mags - Welcome to the forum.

JaynaLove
08-06-2005, 08:44 PM
:banana: Oh these are so cute! :brow: :wave: And hello to all of you as well. And thankyou, I've seen the book club! It's perfect! I just started Dracula, but it might take me a while because I have this thing with vampires. Just the thought that some weirdo bites you and you turn into a bloodsucking monster doesn't thrill me. But I'll get through it.

RococoLocket
08-07-2005, 06:16 AM
Just the thought that some weirdo bites you and you turn into a bloodsucking monster doesn't thrill me.

Really?! I adore vampires, so sensual & sexual .. you should read The Vampire Lestat by Anne Rice, i'm certain you'll fall utterly in Love with Lestat <3