PDA

View Full Version : Maximillion

Lil_writer
08-02-2005, 07:33 PM
I finished reading the abridged version for the count of monte cristo and I had one question...Maximillion and the rest of the Morrels lived in Marseilles, right? Didn't everyone else live in Paris? Or did I just get confused? Marseilles is on the opposite side of france and I was wondering how Maximillion went back and forth between them so quickly...please tell me if im wrong! I'm just a little lost~ :confused:

Aramis
08-09-2005, 12:22 PM
Maximilian lived in Marseilles with the rest of the Morrels in the beginning of the novel. Later, we see that Julie and Emmanuel live in Paris. I do not think Maximilian lived in Marseilles then either, for when he returned with Monte Cristo, he said the only thing he had to do was visit his father's grave. If he owned a house there, he would most likely check in on it.

As for traveling... there is a definite lapse in time whenever a journey is made from Paris, which is in the north of France, to Marseilles, which is on the Southern coast. (I believe there is a distance of about 900 km between them.) Which part of the story were you referring to?