PDA

View Full Version : very, very good

bookworm14
08-02-2005, 06:18 PM
i'm 14 and i had to read this book for my high school summer homework. it was a very good book. i would recommend it to anyone who likes mystery novels. :nod:

Bianca Fransen
08-03-2005, 12:45 PM
I agree!!!

Pendragon
08-20-2005, 08:05 PM
In my humble opinion, The Hound of the Baskervilles, was Doyle's finest work with Sherlock Holmes. I rank it on a scale of one to ten at about a fourteen. It's my all time favorite work.

Reichenbach
10-24-2005, 05:02 PM
I love every single one of the 60 Sherlock Holmes'. I surprised myself by getting bored when it got to 'The Second Report of Doctor Watson'

'The Hound of the Baskervilles' was one of my least favourite stories although it was still brilliant. If you want a good SH story, try 'Charles Augustus Milverton' that was one of my very favourites along with 'A Study in Scarlet'

Just to let everyone know, just because I liked it least of all, doesn't mean it wasn't a great book. I loved all of them, so please do not send me five-hundered letters saying 'Die Sherlockian Hater' or anything along those lines! :banana:

holmesian
10-31-2005, 02:17 AM
i disagree with Reichenbach (i can do that, since every one is entitled to his/her opinions). i think "The Hound of the Baskervilles" is the best Holmes story doyle ever wrote. it is my absolute favourite.

Reichenbach
11-20-2005, 05:23 PM
Fair enough. In my opinion there are much better stories.
Charles Augustus Milverton is one of my favourites along with the problem of Thor bridge and a study in scarlet which was genius!

aeroport
08-12-2006, 09:53 AM
Well, I am about to wrap up The Hound of the Baskervilles and was curious as to an advisable Doyle follow-up? I take it A Study in Scarlet is the way to go?

Boris239
08-13-2006, 05:23 PM
A Study in Scarlet is probably the best to start with- it's when Holmes and Watson get acquainted. The Sign of Four is probably the next novel to read.

penelopea
08-13-2006, 06:11 PM
he was walking on his toes ........
creepy!

aeroport
08-14-2006, 02:03 AM
he was walking on his toes ........
creepy!
Sir Charles the night of his death, or Watson near the end? I assume the former, but, as Holmes will explain....

A Study in Scarlet is probably the best to start with- it's when Holmes and Watson get acquainted.

I was not actually sure there was a "beginning", so to speak. Many thanks.

Lauren81492
09-01-2007, 05:58 PM
I read it when I was fourteen, too (I'm fifteen now). It's one of my favorite novels of all time, and I read a lot.

Teritus
11-12-2011, 09:37 AM
I agree with Reichenbach actually. While I loved this book, I seem to be leaning towards A Study in Scarlet more. The character of Jefferson Hope is so captivating and how he never gives up...