PDA

View Full Version : How weird are you?

Koa
07-26-2005, 12:58 PM
Couldnt help taking this (http://www.blogthings.com/howweirdareyouquiz/) as well...

Though today is not my day... I'm only 20% weird...

Not enough to scare other people...
But sometimes you scare yourself.

Which is quite true tho ... LOL :D

ihrocks
07-26-2005, 01:01 PM
Normal enough to know that you're weird...
But too damn weird to do anything about it!

50% Weird. An understatement.

Nightshade
07-26-2005, 01:05 PM
You Are 70% Weird
You're so weird, you think you're *totally* normal. Right?
But you wig out even the biggest of circus freaks!

*sigh* and I thought people ran away screaming as a joke...:p

Koa
07-26-2005, 01:08 PM
yes?

Night, it doesnt work...

ihrocks
07-26-2005, 01:09 PM
*sigh* and I thought people ran away screaming as a joke...:p

Well done, Shade! :D

Koa
07-26-2005, 01:13 PM
*for the second time today i am wishhing that i could post just a :D in response...but no, we need 10 bloody characters...*

Nightshade
07-26-2005, 01:17 PM
Oh Bless as my sister woulkd say thanks its nice for the wierdness to be apreceated!!
You know coa this is equal to
10 bloody characters

:D :D :D :D
actually its eleven :brow:

ihrocks
07-26-2005, 01:18 PM
*for the second time today i am wishhing that i could post just a :D in response...but no, we need 10 bloody characters...*

It won't even let you post 10 :D in a row! :confused:

Nightshade
07-26-2005, 01:46 PM
:D:D :D :D

GruesomeBugman
07-26-2005, 01:56 PM
You Are 80% Weird

You're more than quirky, you're downright strange.
But you're also strangely compelling, like a cult leader.

Nightshade
07-26-2005, 02:07 PM
congrats you suprass even me in wierdess

GruesomeBugman
07-26-2005, 02:10 PM
so it would seem.
most people consider me completely odd, I don't see myself as all that weird, though.

kilted exile
07-26-2005, 02:19 PM
50% weird

In my own opinion: I aint weird, I just dont care.

Koa
07-26-2005, 04:42 PM
You know coa this is equal to

:D :D :D :D
actually its eleven :brow:

Oh that's true, though i didnt know if a character that then becomes a smilie would count...
and yes it's also hateful when it says that you included too many smilies :mad:

mono
07-26-2005, 04:46 PM
I felt surprised at the test asking only ten questions, but I did not find my results surprising:

Koa
07-26-2005, 05:09 PM
Now, according to the first question... does it mean you all sleep naked? :D
That's what makes me only 20% weird? My pyjamas? ;) :D

Nightshade
07-26-2005, 05:52 PM
Ahhhh tooo much info Koa... dont want to know other peoples sleeping habits..:sick:

Koa
07-26-2005, 05:56 PM
well i meant that i do use a pyjama... even with 30+ damn degrees... and i think that's what made the quiz think i'm normal... :eek: me.. not weird...LOL :D

Nightshade
07-26-2005, 05:59 PM
I was talking about the eople who sleep naked

shortysweetp
07-26-2005, 06:53 PM
40% weird.

papayahed
07-26-2005, 07:18 PM
20% weird

s10cr

shortysweetp
07-26-2005, 07:22 PM
thats all papayahead?? really lol i didnt think i was that weird but i guess so.

amuse
07-26-2005, 07:47 PM
lol: 60% You're so weird, you think you're *totally* normal. Right?

shortysweetp
07-26-2005, 10:06 PM
lol thats funny amuse :)

baddad
07-26-2005, 10:35 PM
...yeah, okay, so I'm distinctive, or weird. No surprises there. Actually the quiz says I'm only 20% weird. How comforting. And to think I was going to make a smarty little comment concerning our friend Papayahed's 'surprising' results...... hehehe

Scheherazade
07-27-2005, 03:53 AM
30% Weird!

papayahed
07-27-2005, 10:23 AM
HA!!! It seems to me that i'm going sane in a crazy world!!!!!

I always knew everyone else was the problem.

NNoah3
07-27-2005, 01:31 PM
40% weird!!

Bianca Fransen
07-27-2005, 01:46 PM
Hehe.. this test confirms my biggest fears: 60%

RococoLocket
07-27-2005, 02:16 PM
60%

"You're so weird, you think you're *totally* normal. Right?
But you wig out even the biggest of circus freaks!"

And that can be based upon my preferance of icecream between two classic flavours? I wanted more intestesting questions, it did not do justice to all the potential weirdness within :(

Koa
07-27-2005, 06:00 PM
You're so right RococoLocket... I was wondering if chocolate was another reason of my disappointing 20%...

At least I'm in good company :D *waves smiling at papaya and baddad* ;)

Scheherazade
07-27-2005, 06:45 PM
Disappointing?? Why? You want to be 'weird'?

shortysweetp
07-27-2005, 06:48 PM
doesnt everyone scher? i really think noone is reallly weird on this forum anyway. I think we are just unique and special in a good way. i would hate to have everyone come from the same mold (cookiecutter or whatever term you like)

RococoLocket
07-27-2005, 06:49 PM
^ 'Weird' is better than 'average' :) .. EDIT: Or what shortysweetp said!

You're so right RococoLocket... I was wondering if chocolate was another reason of my disappointing 20%...

Ahh, maybe you should have taken that walk on the wild side & chose vanilla like me :nod:

Scheherazade
07-27-2005, 06:55 PM
doesnt everyone scher? i really think noone is reallly weird on this forum anyway. I think we are just unique and special in a good way. i would hate to have everyone come from the same mold (cookiecutter or whatever term you like)I agree with you that we are all unique; we all have our own little quirks;things that make us special and different but other than that I am not sure if I would like to be 'weird' or all that different. Being 'normal' surely does not mean we are boring or less interesting (or at least it doesn't to me :))

Koa
07-28-2005, 11:37 AM
well scher, to me it does, in a way... i call 'normal' people those i find boring and so ordinary that they do/think nothing interesting to me... the best thing a person ever told me was that i was 'strange'... and i know this is what often gets me into trouble, as in i often feel too strange to really fit in (and to find a boyfriend). So the test offended me ;)

baddad
07-28-2005, 12:16 PM
I think I would enjoy seeing all the members of this site in a single room. I have my suspicions that Koa would be quite delighted.......as I doubt that too many folks here would be considered boring......combined, we have so many disparate interests that it practically boggles the mind....... *nod to Koa*

Koa
07-28-2005, 12:19 PM
indeed... :)

GruesomeBugman
07-28-2005, 01:49 PM
well someone should catch up to me, I can't be that unique in my weirdness.

Scheherazade
07-28-2005, 01:59 PM
So, what we are saying is that we would like to be 'weird' but not live with the consequences of it? Like, just as an example, Koa thinks she is 'weird' and she would like to be 'weird' because she is disappointed with 20% result. However, she is not happy with the fact that her weirdness makes it difficult for her to find a boyfriend or to fit in general.

If we don't want to be 'normal' (which I still don't understand why we wouldn't like that) then we should be able to deal with the consequences surely?

GruesomeBugman
07-28-2005, 02:03 PM
I agree with Scheherazade, if you want to be weird, you have to put up with it.

I don't mind that I'm weird, though I put little belief into this quiz, I doubt I'm all that weird.

Koa
07-28-2005, 05:03 PM
So, what we are saying is that we would like to be 'weird' but not live with the consequences of it? Like, just as an example, Koa thinks she is 'weird' and she would like to be 'weird' because she is disappointed with 20% result. However, she is not happy with the fact that her weirdness makes it difficult for her to find a boyfriend or to fit in general.

If we don't want to be 'normal' (which I still don't understand why we wouldn't like that) then we should be able to deal with the consequences surely?

I was sure this issue was coming up but I didnt want to make my post that long cos it didnt feel the right place anyway...
yes, I think it's an eternal conflict I'll never solve. I'm at the same time proud of my uniqueness/weirdness but I also feel it as a curse. I just don't want to be like the others, but at the same time I realise that I'd be happy if I could be just like those people I define 'normal' (in my personal definition of normal, as it's a very abstract concept that can't be generalised, methinks) that are satisfied with such simple things....
I assume Scher, that your idea of 'normal' is different from mine, cos for me normal means a small-thinking person whose main aims in life are things like the latest mobile phone or the coolest car and a holiday packed in the coolest place with sand&sea, who adapts without effort to the rules of society, no rebellion, no independance... even things like having a family is something that makes me feel rather sick should it be in my near future...stuff like that...hard to define really.. Normal is who looks at me as a weirdo cos I study Russian, cos I've chosen to live 6 months in Hungary, cos I like to make acquaintances in the internet...narrowminded littlethinkers.
And I don't want to be like that. But if I was, I'd have less problems... I'd be happy when I've earned enough to buy a phone-that-takes-photos-and-why-doesnt-it-make-coffee-as-well, instead of dreaming of an adventurous life... I keep complaining about boyfriends almost as a habit, cos as much as my loneliness can hurt and makes me feel, ahem, weird cos I know maybe other 2 people in the same situation as me at this old age, I just wouldnt want someone to put a limit to the endless freedom to do what the hell I want, including pakc my stuff and go far, I enjoy now.

Ok I'm missing the point... anyway this was just a funny quiz so it's not like I'm taking it so seriously, I was just commenting cos I've had too much free time in my hands these days... If the question to the quiz had been stuff like: do you want a husband and children, do you like summer and sunbathing, what do you think of chatrooms and forums, why the hell do you wear only black and purple, how many boys have you kissed, seen from the point of view of what I call the average ordinary person, then I guess I would have been 180% weird... ;)

I just think noone can ever accept themselves completely and never doubt, and that is why the pride my not-mainstream choices and attitudes can sometimes turn into a feeling of 'I wish I was someone else'(wow, havent felt that for a whole year now) so that I'd act like all the others and feel like all the others and be content of spending my life like that... But at the same time I feel so surprised and even not proud of myself when I do like something that is mainstream or do something that is 'ordinary'...

And I guess I have a couple of thoughts at the back of my mind that made this whole thing sound more extreme than it should...

papayahed
07-28-2005, 05:29 PM
I I just don't want to be like the others, but at the same time I realise that I'd be happy if I could be just like those people I define 'normal' (in my personal definition of normal, as it's a very abstract concept that can't be generalised, methinks) that are satisfied with such simple things....

Just because those people look happy and may seem to be happy but you can't say for sure that they are truely happy. Maybe they're wishing they had the nerve to be like you...

speaking as a 20% weirdo *ehem*

Bianca Fransen
07-28-2005, 05:35 PM
I'd be happy when I've earned enough to buy a phone-that-takes-photos-and-why-doesnt-it-make-coffee-as-well
:lol: Yes, why doesn't it make coffee as well? ;)

shortysweetp
07-28-2005, 05:40 PM
i dont consider myself a complete weirdo but i dont want to be the stereotypic wife and mother. I want to be a good wife and mom but in my own way. I have never been fully understood and never wanted to fit in with the "in" crowd. I enjoy being me and I am not going to change. Noone thought I would settle down and get married but I did and it was because I am truly in love with my hubby not because I wanted to fit in. Doing a few "normal" things dont make people "normal".

Bianca Fransen
07-28-2005, 06:02 PM
Hmm.. on a serious note, because I see some of the conversation is serious... I have been quite different without meaning to until I was about 21. I liked being how I was, but had trouble with the effect I had on other people. They either thought I was brilliant and very creative (?? not even exagerating here) and then expected way too much of me. Or they thought I was shallow, excentric and arrogant and did everything for a bit of attention (that's more like it) and then gossiped behind my back (or in my face - but that is not gossip, is it). Mostly due to my cloths, my comments and my performances as a would-be entertainer.
I have been trying very hard to be as 'stereotype' as I can be since my 21th birthday.. because I thought it would make life easier. Every time people disliked me for who I was it felt like walking into a brick wall. Turns out I don't know what 'normal' is so I cannot copy it. I only succeed in being hardly noticible, but still a bit strange when people do notice me ("You mean you have actually FORGOTTEN to put socks on this morning?" :nod: ).. the past 7 years many, many people have said they want to know "the real Bianca".. that they think I am hiding myself.. Hmm.. I don't think they know what they are saying :goof:
Last year I have been more then weird - just downright crazy. I put way too much strain upon myself (all the time thinking "everyone can do this. Why not me?") and ended up in a mental institution for 6 weeks. It has put my trouble with blending in in a whole new perspective. I now look up to people who are 'normal' even more. But funnily enough, this break-down has also made me realize I am different and must accept it. I process information a bit differently then most (as some tests have shown) and looking back I was using this 'handicap' to its advantage when I was a teenager. So I have come to a point where - though I think being 'normal' is very good thing - I will stop trying to be like the people I see around me. I have the papers to prove that that is quite beyond me :brow:.
:lol: But I have to say: the real tests to see how weird someone is, are quite different ;) . They do not ask "Do you want a family?" or "How expensive is your mobile phone?', but stuff like "What have the voices been telling you to do this week?" :lol: and "Did you really think God was telling you to kill that pet?" Just kidding of course.. about that pet-thing :cool:.

shortysweetp
07-28-2005, 06:12 PM
i agree you cannot force yourself to be something you are not. I myself have been in a mental institution (another one of those never understood things) that is why i am just me. i have problems just like everyone else sometimes more so. When I say I dont want to be the normal person its because for one i dont really care what most people think of , i am not trying to impress anyone and i am not going to be something i cannot be without staying true to myself. most people i know enjoy me for who i am and if they dont oh well their loss.
Koa dont change who you are because you feel like it handicaps you i say stay true to yourself and if you really want a boyfriend wait until the right one comes because the right one will want to be with you because of who you are and not want you to change and I dont think its odd to have good friends online. Really I consider you all closer to me than most people I know.
all in all i think its just best to be who you are not something you're not.

Bianca Fransen
07-28-2005, 06:48 PM
Shortysweetp,
What a surprising and great reply! You would be the last person on earth I would picture in a mental institution - and, without meaning to be rude or hurt your feelings - I am 'glad' to read it.. because it means that someone I look up to, here, knows what it is like and will not think less of me because of it...
I still struggle to be me and accept that. I care a lot what other people think of me - a bit too much, I guess. I am changing that step by step. But I have to admit that the reason I am changing back to who I am.. is not just because I like being me.. but because people I care a great deal about (my sisters, my dad, my ex-boyfriend) started missing the 'real me'. They liked me better as a chaotic, creative, spontaneous disaster-person with two left hands, a big mouth and a dreadful wardrobe. My ex still goes on and on about how much energy and 'life' I had when he met me. And how he misses that now that I try very hard to be 'normal'. So what others think is still a large motivation. It takes guts to be who you truly are - if you are a bit different - and I am still looking for courage..

Scheherazade
07-29-2005, 07:57 AM
According to the number of people who have taken this test and their scores, the average (haha! That hateful word again! :D) for the Forum members is 48.57 %. If we round this up to the nearest 10 (because the test result is given in 10s), it is 50%... Lets give this 10 % +/-. So the normal group for our members is: 40-60 % and those who do not fit in this group are the ones who are actually the weird ones!

PS: It has been 15 years since I took any Statistics classes so I hope my calculations are accurate.

Jay
07-29-2005, 09:06 AM
I've got 30% *blinks*
It said I wasn't really weird and now Scher comes, does some math and tells me I am weird? *not confuzzled at all* :p

Bianca Fransen
07-29-2005, 02:31 PM
Haha.. and I am no longer weird. Great hypothesis!!

shortysweetp
07-29-2005, 02:37 PM
i want to be weird put me back with the weirdos lol

AimusSage
07-29-2005, 02:54 PM
Normal is only what society perceives as such. Since this test is based on certain assumptions as to what is normal and what isn't, every result is biased towards the creator’s sense of normality. Perhaps a person who briefly escaped from an institution for the criminally insane made the test? Would that not make everyone who scores low 'weird'?

Anyway, I am 50% weird according to the test.

papayahed
07-29-2005, 03:47 PM
Normal is only what society perceives as such. Since this test is based on certain assumptions as to what is normal and what isn't, every result is biased towards the creator’s sense of normality. Perhaps a person who briefly escaped from an institution for the criminally insane made the test? Would that not make everyone who scores low 'weird'?

Anyway, I am 50% weird according to the test.

and according to Scher......perfectly normal.

Jay
07-30-2005, 09:28 AM
Just a normal weirdo :p

Scheherazade
02-13-2006, 05:04 AM
After reading some comments in the Favorite Music Bands thread, I was reminded of this thread. So:

{ { { { { { { b u m p } } } } } } }

RobinHood3000
02-13-2006, 06:51 AM
70%. What an insult. I'm getting nuttier by the day.

Scher, you can't assign wanton standard deviations without taking some samples first!

Pensive
02-13-2006, 06:58 AM
You Are 50% Weird

But too damn weird to do anything about it

Pendragon
02-13-2006, 11:33 AM
You Are 30% Weird

http://images.blogthings.com/howweirdareyouquiz/weird-2.jpg

IrishCanadian
02-13-2006, 07:23 PM
40% wierd. I thought I was much wierder than that ... I'm somewhat dissapointed in me.

Scheherazade
02-13-2006, 07:55 PM
Scher, you can't assign wanton standard deviations without taking some samples first!Oh, I have been sampling all right... For over a year now!

I still stand by my theory that since there are so many 'weird' or 'weird-want-to-be' members around, for this Forum, what seems to be weird is actually normal and what seems to be normal is actually weird!

Re. post #49 for more explanation!

:D

RobinHood3000
02-13-2006, 08:43 PM
So what does that make the majority of us? Can the majority of anything be "weird"?

Scheherazade
02-13-2006, 08:55 PM
So what does that make the majority of us? Can the majority of anything be "weird"?Exactly my point, Robin. Since the average is around 50% (or was), that would be 'normal' for our Forum.

(If I remember correctly from my Psychology classes, normal is defined as what is seen in the majority).

Kaltrina
02-14-2006, 07:06 AM
You Are 50% Weird

http://images.blogthings.com/howweirdareyouquiz/weird-3.jpg

How Weird Are You?

http://www.blogthings.com/howweirdareyouquiz/

Samantha21
02-14-2006, 09:54 PM

Ryduce
02-14-2006, 10:08 PM
I'm 80% wierd.I always knew I was.

Virgil
02-17-2006, 11:18 PM
You Are 40% Weird

I guess I'm fairly normal.

I thought this one was funny. What if you already have both? :D

You would rather:
Have genital herpes
Be 50 pounds overweight

edit: For those that are wondering, I don't have either.

rachel
02-20-2006, 08:47 PM
Just because I tip the waiter anyway and such I am 60% wierd? Only I have NEVER thought for a moment I was society's understanding of normal)be quiet Sher! I can hear those beautiful wheels going round and round.)
My only comfort is that at least my percentage is the same as dear Night's and Mono.To be in such company is wonderful.
And I have found out, I was an investigative reporter for a long time, that about sixty per cent of young girls and women have been in the psyche ward or mental institution at one time or another in this country at any rate. And the causes-hormonal, emotional-family problems, abuse and too much pressure. Sounds pretty normal tome.
Our former prime minister Pierre Elliot Trudeaus gorgeous wife voluntarily committed herself to the psyche ward for treatment and it totally removed the stigma in this country. It is no big deal, not worse than having to go to the family doctor for anything.

Virgil
02-20-2006, 08:52 PM
Hi Rachel :wave:

How are you doing this evening?

It looks like I scored the least weird. Should I be proud of that? I am. What am I doing hanging out with all these weirdos? :D

samercury
02-20-2006, 08:58 PM
40% weird
T_T

toni
12-03-2006, 10:27 PM
In my opinion I am 100% wierd 24/7 :(

Shalot
12-03-2006, 11:08 PM
This is an old thread

I am 60% wierd (I would've thought that it would've been higher)

Idril
12-03-2006, 11:21 PM
Like Shalot, I'm 60% weird

You Are 60% Weird

http://images.blogthings.com/howweirdareyouquiz/weird-4.jpg

Does the fact that I love the accompaning picture mean I'm weird? ;) :p :lol:

Virgil
12-03-2006, 11:45 PM
Like Shalot, I'm 60% weird

Does the fact that I love the accompaning picture mean I'm weird? ;) :p :lol:

Ummm, yes. Is that supposed to be a bra?:eek2:

dramasnot6
12-03-2006, 11:57 PM
50%, I'm dissapointed in myself. This is weird by whose standards anyway?

Lily Adams
12-04-2006, 12:24 AM
I got 70%, and I was almost sure I would get 100%.

aeroport
12-04-2006, 01:49 AM
You Are 50% Weird

I do not even know what to say to this.

BibliophileTRJ
12-06-2006, 06:27 PM
***I am 50% Weird***

Not that I would WANT to do anything about it... I treasure my weirdidity.... it makes me ME!!!

subterranean
12-06-2006, 08:47 PM
50% weird

In my own opinion: I aint weird, I just dont care.

Same result, but I take joy out of it. :D

Turk
12-07-2006, 10:56 AM
I eat cauliflower.

Madhuri
12-07-2006, 01:34 PM
***You Are 60% Weird***

I now know why people develop hearing problems when I sing :rolleyes: and run away when I smile....:rolleyes: and despite that I still think I AM normal...:D

SummerSolstice
12-07-2006, 02:17 PM
I got 50%... but it strikes me as a wierd test. The questions were very odd and dealt with some kind of inconsequential quirks... Any of you ever tried out tickle.com? They've got some really fun tests, and they're much longer so the results are less arbitrary. I was looking for an equivalent to this one but I got distracted finding out what color my aura was and my theme song. :lol: