PDA

View Full Version : How many forum members does it take...

Koa
08-26-2003, 04:57 PM
(You might have already seen this but let me have my fun) :D :D :D

How many Message Board Posters does it take to change a light bulb???

here goes:

1 to change the light bulb and to post that the light bulb has been changed

14 to share similar experiences of changing light bulbs and how the light bulb could have been changed differently

7 to caution about the dangers of changing light bulbs

7 to point out spelling/grammar errors in posts about changing light bulbs

5 to flame the spell checkers

3 to correct spelling/grammar flames

6 to argue over whether it's "lightbulb" or "light bulb" ... another 6 to condemn those 6 as anal-retentive

2 industry professionals to inform the group that the proper term is "lamp"

15 know-it-alls who claim they were in the industry, and that "light bulb" is perfectly correct

19 to post that this forum is not about light bulbs and to please take this discussion to a lightbulb forum

11 to defend the posting to this forum saying that we all use light bulbs and therefore the posts are relevant to this forum

36 to debate which method of changing light bulbs is superior, where to buy the best light bulbs, what brand of light bulbs work best for this technique and what brands are faulty

7 to post URL's where one can see examples of different light bulbs

4 to post that the URL's were posted incorrectly and then post the corrected URL's

3 to post about links they found from the URL's that are relevant to this group which makes light bulbs relevant to this group

13 to link all posts to date, quote them in their entirety including all headers and signatures, and add "Me too"

5 to post to the group that they will no longer post because they cannot handle the light bulb controversy

4 to say "didn't we go through this already a short time ago?"

13 to say "do a Google search on light bulbs before posting questions about light bulbs"

1 forum lurker to respond to the original post 6 months from now and start it all over again.

redrum
08-26-2003, 11:13 PM
lol :D
i hadn't seen that before. thanks for posting it.

imthefoolonthehill
08-26-2003, 11:53 PM
thats awesome... I hadn't seen it either.

But I must protest that you didn't do a google search on the psychology of forum users before posting.

AbdoRinbo
08-27-2003, 01:48 AM
That's wit, my friend.

Munro
08-27-2003, 07:46 AM
Lol, very good. But I would've laughed more it had been personal to each regular forum member. What can I say, I'm a ***** deep down.

Koa
08-27-2003, 10:57 AM
thats awesome... I hadn't seen it either.

But I must protest that you didn't do a google search on the psychology of forum users before posting.

True... I apologise :D

b
08-29-2003, 09:41 AM
Whow!

Exclusive sarcastic analysis by Koa!

You made me laugh...

Do you want me to reply philosophically, or shall we not make this point an example of your point.

Koa
08-29-2003, 03:19 PM
Just incase someone didn't realise, I didnt write that!!! That's why I said you might have seen it somewhere else, I guess it's relatively common to find this 'joke' in forums etc...

cristo
08-29-2003, 05:17 PM
hehe, really good! :-)

imthefoolonthehill
08-30-2003, 12:12 AM
hmmm... out of curiousity, (sp??) what other forums do people here visit?

Eloise
08-30-2003, 07:03 AM
www.ibscrewed.net

and

http://www.ship-of-fools.com/

b
09-01-2003, 04:26 AM
Well, Eloise

When I opened this site www.ibscrewed.net I was really overwhelmed: I am just starting with my acedemical year again... on an international honors college!

den
09-01-2003, 05:02 AM
I have one forum/site that I go to noted on my profile, one in keeping with this one, but I will refrain from sharing any others I go to, you'd surely rather not know. :D

Koa
09-02-2003, 04:11 PM
I have one forum/site that I go to noted on my profile, one in keeping with this one, but I will refrain from sharing any others I go to, you'd surely rather not know. :D

Same for me...you don't want to know! ;)

Laindessiel
11-17-2006, 01:26 PM
This thread is insane!!!!!!!! Why, oh WHY would anyone bother to talk about changing lightbulbs??????!!! Or is this one of the cases that someone right here *thinks of the thread starter* needs an sppointment with a shrink who deals with lightbulbs and different ways of changing them: pulling them back and rotating it clockwise or anti-clockwise, pushing them back and turns it twice, remove it again and puts it back in and this time using a light hammer to jack it on back while singing "Here Goes the Lighbulb, Honey" (there is NO such song) and suddenly drops it and breaks to pieces after then thinking of another creative way how to buy the same lightbulb (maybe hops and tumbles his way to the store), then gets home to find that the lightbulb is not working and...ohhhhhh, I can go on and on here without stopping for oxygen!

By the way, in case you're just wondering, I'm one of the "19 forum members to post that this forum is not about light bulbs and to please take this discussion to a lightbulb forum."

Right, if there is such a thing.

Shannanigan
11-17-2006, 01:53 PM
Hey! I'm a related link poster! :D

Required veiwing for all new to forums :) :

http://www.albinoblacksheep.com/flash/posting.php

EDIT: some may feel this is deserves a PG rating due to a word or two...but the general message is G and very funny!

Madhuri
11-17-2006, 02:06 PM
:lol: I now know all about posting :lol: ;)

kathycf
11-17-2006, 02:56 PM
Just incase someone didn't realise, I didnt write that!!! That's why I said you might have seen it somewhere else, I guess it's relatively common to find this 'joke' in forums etc...

This thread is insane!!!!!!!! Why, oh WHY would anyone bother to talk about changing lightbulbs??????!!!

1 forum lurker to respond to the original post 6 months from now and start it all over again.
Or even 3 years! :D Hi Laindessiel :wave:

Huh, I wasn't here three years ago when this thread was originally started (as a joke, correct?) but to any longtime litnet folks...was there ever an actual great lightbulb controversy?

I took this is just teasing about some of the ways folks tend to behave in forums.

*edit*
(Please don't take offense, Laindessial, I am just trying to gently tease you. And I personally have always disliked the term "lurker" it is a silly thing to call a newcomer.)

kathycf
11-17-2006, 03:02 PM
Hey! I'm a related link poster! :D

Required veiwing for all new to forums :) :

http://www.albinoblacksheep.com/flash/posting.php

EDIT: some may feel this is deserves a PG rating due to a word or two...but the general message is G and very funny!

:lol: :lol: I was given the link to that on the IRC channel I use so I saw that about a month ago and it was very funny. Then someone in the channel asked what was a "sticky"....There was much grumbling and gnashing of teeth and saying of "n00b":p

underground
11-17-2006, 03:09 PM
sadly enough, it made me smile. that's how familiar i am with how forums work.

it's also interesting that the thread was started in 2003.

mtpspur
11-17-2006, 10:55 PM
I'm guilty of of least 4 offenses and in denial on 3 more and not computer savvy enought for the other 5.

Laindessiel
11-18-2006, 08:41 AM
Or even 3 years! :D Hi Laindessiel :wave:

Huh, I wasn't here three years ago when this thread was originally started (as a joke, correct?) but to any longtime litnet folks...was there ever an actual great lightbulb controversy?

I took this is just teasing about some of the ways folks tend to behave in forums.

*edit*
(Please don't take offense, Laindessial, I am just trying to gently tease you. And I personally have always disliked the term "lurker" it is a silly thing to call a newcomer.)

Hey y'all, I didn't mean anything by that!!!! I mean I was just taking it as a joke and seriously just posted CRAP from out of it. I was having fun!! Not meaning to offend anyone out guys!! :thumbs_up ?

And Koa, you are NOT a nutcase, ok? Just thought that this thread is insane enough to make me post and put out my time into reading it and posting in it. Didn't mean any of that. But ofcourse you took it as otherwise because I didn't put smileys, probably. Haha.

Peace out!!!

kevinthediltz
05-15-2008, 12:17 AM
i am a lurker, and i just want to say that i will not be responding to this thread because i believe it is outdated and has nothing to do with lightbulbs.
and its been 2 years since it was last responded to.:D