PDA

View Full Version : Which Classic Novel do You Belong In?

Scheherazade
06-30-2005, 05:41 PM
Which Classic Novel do You Belong In? Take the test (http://quizilla.com/users/QueenAirelav/quizzes/Which%20Classic%20Novel%20do%20You%20Belong%20In%3 F/) and find out! :D

Here is mine:

http://live.quizilla.com/user_images/Q/QueenAirelav/1052777639_5680303.gif

I believe you belong in Pride and Prejudice; a world of satire and true love. A world where everything is crystal clear to the reader, and yet where new things seem to be happening all the time. You belong in a world where your free-thought puts you above the silly masses, and where bright eyes and intelligence are enough to attract the arrogant millionaire/prejudiced young woman of your choice.

Koa
06-30-2005, 06:13 PM
:eek2: quite uexepectedly...

http://live.quizilla.com/user_images/Q/QueenAirelav/1061046081_1135359.gif

In my not so humble opinion, you, of course, belong in the Picture of Dorian Gray, and do not try to deny it. You belong in the fashionable circles of Victorian London where exotic tastes, a double life, decadence, wit and a hypocritical belief in moral betterment make you a home. You belong where the witty apothegms of Lords, the silly moralities of matrons, the blinding high of opium, and the beauty of visual arts mingle to form one convoluted world.

Of those listed, the one I read and found most myself in is Gone With The Wind... but yeah I should have chosen Atlanta and not London I guess...

Maxos
06-30-2005, 06:15 PM
Classical rubbish (except Dorian Grey)

Koa
06-30-2005, 06:15 PM
I changed an answer, namely the time, Victorianism/1860s instead of late Victorianism, cos I had a lot of doubts about that one....

And now I'm going to be Gone with the wind!!! :)

http://live.quizilla.com/user_images/Q/QueenAirelav/1061045479_1254700.gif

Darling, it seems that you belong in Gone with the Wind; the proper place for a romantic. You belong in a tumultous world of changes and opportunities, where your independence paves the road for your survival. It is trying being both a cynic and a dreamer, no?

Oh wait but now I'm into romance...uhm maybe after all Dorian Gray was better, even if my aesthetic sense is close to nothing.

Koa
06-30-2005, 06:16 PM

Were we asking for your opinion?

mono
06-30-2005, 06:29 PM
Yes, such classical rubbish, that, in turn, inspired much after its age.
I urge you to look into interpersonal respect (as others may have enjoyed this quiz) and a long-forgotten virtue called 'reverence' (definition: http://dictionary.reference.com/search?q=reverence).
I hope you find it useful.

-----

Very interesting quiz . . .

Your belonging in The Mysteries of Udolpho is quite evident; a world of intrigue, melancholy, sublimity and terror. You belong where there are danger, gloomy edifices, and evil Italian guardians. Your passion for the passion of the Mediterranean, the divine contemplation of nature, and for adventure stories, makes you a prime contender for a spot in a gothic romance.

papayahed
06-30-2005, 06:38 PM
I changed an answer, namely the time, Victorianism/1860s instead of late Victorianism, cos I had a lot of doubts about that one....

And now I'm going to be Gone with the wind!!! :)

http://live.quizilla.com/user_images/Q/QueenAirelav/1061045479_1254700.gif

Darling, it seems that you belong in Gone with the Wind; the proper place for a romantic. You belong in a tumultous world of changes and opportunities, where your independence paves the road for your survival. It is trying being both a cynic and a dreamer, no?

me too, I wouldn't have guessed that one. Unfortunatly there were no sci fi choices..

shortysweetp
06-30-2005, 07:43 PM
pride and prejudice

Miss Darcy
06-30-2005, 10:24 PM
http://images.quizilla.com/Q/QueenAirelav/1052777639_5680303.gif

I believe you belong in Pride and Prejudice; a<br>world of satire and true love. A world where everything is crystal clear to the reader, and yet where new things seem to be happening all the time. You belong in a world where your<br>free-thought puts you above the silly masses, and where bright eyes and intelligence are<br>enough to attract the arrogant millionaireof your choice.

Goody! :D I thought I'd end up in either Pride and Prejudice or Jane Eyre. Though Jane Eyre fits me more in some ways, P&P would be my choice for a novel to live in.

If I were to choose between Mr Darcy and Rochester, I'd say the former (though only just). Perhaps for good reasons, too. It would, after all, be rather cumbersome to have a username like Miss Rochester.

:D

Nightshade
07-01-2005, 01:36 PM
"http://images.quizilla.com/Q/QueenAirelav/1052777639_5680303.gif" border="0" alt="pandp">
Pride and prdjudice
bah!
I liked the book but me in a world of love!
Bah! again!
ohh yeah the person used or rather misused "random" alot , didnt they??

kilted exile
07-01-2005, 01:58 PM
'Tis a great mystery, but somehow you have come to belong in Jane Eyre; a random world of love, kindness, madness, bad luck and lunatic ex-wives. There really isn't much to say about the place you belong in. It's your place, and though it seems far from reality largly due to how random the events are, you seem to enjoy it. You belong in a world where not too many people understand you, and where you can be somewhat of a recluse.

Snukes
07-01-2005, 03:07 PM
I shall join Kilted in Jane Eyre. I think I landed there for picking completely inconsistent answers. Heh. :p

Bongitybongbong
07-01-2005, 08:24 PM
Your belonging in The Mysteries of Udolpho is quite evident; a world of intrigue, melancholy, sublimity and terror. You belong where there are danger, gloomy edifices, and evil Italian guardians. Your passion for the passion of the Mediterranean, the divine contemplation of nature, and for adventure stories, makes you a prime contender for a spot in a gothic romance.

Helga
07-01-2005, 08:31 PM
In my not so humble opinion, you, of course, belong in the Picture of Dorian Gray, and do not try to deny it. You belong in the fashionable circles of Victorian London where exotic tastes, a double life, decadence, wit and a hypocritical belief in moral betterment make you a home. You belong where the witty apothegms of Lords, the silly moralities of matrons, the blinding high of opium, and the beauty of visual arts mingle to form one convoluted world.

I like that result, and I love the book

Jay
07-02-2005, 06:56 AM
Jane Eyre

'Tis a great mystery, but somehow you have come to belong in Jane Eyre; a random world of love, kindness, madness, bad luck and lunatic ex-wives. There really isn't much to say about the place you belong in. It's your place, and though it seems far from reality largly due to how random the events are, you seem to enjoy it. You belong in a world where not too many people understand you, and where you can be somewhat of a recluse.

Monica
07-02-2005, 07:42 AM
Picture of Dorian Gray :goof: I love the book, but come on. I don't want to belong to Oscar Wide's world :D

Beaumains
07-03-2005, 07:24 PM
Interesting results...

I believe you belong in Pride and Prejudice; a world of satire and true love. A world where everything is crystal clear to the reader, and yet where new things seem to be happening all the time. You belong in a world where your free-thought puts you above the silly masses, and where bright eyes and intelligence are enough to attract the arrogant millionaire/prejudiced young woman of your choice.

Vampire Kari
07-03-2005, 08:37 PM
I thought I would get Gone With The Wind but instead I got...The Mysteries of Udolpho.

Émilie
07-04-2005, 06:06 PM
I got Gone With The Wind...

amuse
07-04-2005, 06:09 PM
http://images.quizilla.com/Q/QueenAirelav/1061045879_1134996.gif

(never heard of this book. but sounds fair enough! :D)

Rachy
07-05-2005, 11:32 AM
Gone With the Wind

RococoLocket
07-10-2005, 08:44 AM
http://images.quizilla.com/Q/QueenAirelav/1061045879_1134996.gif

Ditto! I've never heard of it, maybe I should give it read ..

Bianca Fransen
07-11-2005, 04:22 PM
I thought the Picture of Dorian Gray.. but it turns out I am part of my favourite romance: Gone with the Wind. Must admit that I think Rhett is absolutely wonderful.

Adelheid
08-10-2005, 05:58 AM
Which Classic Novel do You Belong In?

Aramis
08-10-2005, 09:15 AM
'You belonging in The Mysteries of Udolpho is quite evident; a world of intrigue, melancholy, sublimity and terror. You belong where there are danger, gloomy edifices, and evil Italian guardians. Your passion for the passion of the Mediterranean, the divine contemplation of nature, and for adventure stories, makes you a prime contender for a spot in a gothic romance.'

Hmm... How come I've never read this one? Now I think I'll have to.

NNoah3
08-10-2005, 04:15 PM
Gone With The Wind

'Darling, it seems that you belong in Gone with the Wind; the proper place for a romantic. You belong in a tumultous world of changes and opportunities, where your independence paves the road for your survival. It is trying being both a cynic and a dreamer, no?'

baddad
08-10-2005, 04:58 PM
Ditto Amuse, Aramis, MOno.......

NEDJ293
08-11-2005, 09:10 PM
Pride & Prejudice
I just can't believe the results I mean I read the book and sort of like it but live in a world like that no way....I prefer gothic

avolita
08-12-2005, 08:08 AM
"the picture of dorian gray"

well, thats one of my fave books...i can't agree more :)