PDA

View Full Version : I've never... Have you?

Scheherazade
06-24-2005, 10:10 AM
Here is another version of 'Well, I've never...'

We will say something we haven't done but only someone who has actually done that can reply AND say something they haven't done...

E.g. 'I've never been to Greece.'---> 'I have. I was in Greece for two weeks in 1999. I've never been to a rock concert.' etc.

PS: Please try not to kill the game! :D

I've never had spray cheese.

Nightshade
06-24-2005, 10:13 AM
I had a little once a long time ago didnt like it.
Ive never been to a protest.

Scheherazade
06-24-2005, 10:17 AM
I've been to protests... Arranged some. Good old university days! :)

I've never been to a Karaoke bar.

Logos
06-24-2005, 10:37 AM
I have and the level of `talent' is directly proportionate to the amount of refreshments one has indulged in :lol:

I've never been in a kayak.

I've never been to a Karaoke bar.

papayahed
06-24-2005, 11:33 AM
I have, I went on a suppossed 1/2 hour trip, 4 hours and many mosquito bites later we found a pull out spot where we could get a ride back.

I've never been to Finland.

Koa
06-24-2005, 08:34 PM
I wonder if any of our members have been to Finland (sure there's a Finnish girl aorund sometimes but does that count?).
If in some time noone claims to have been...well I was planning to go to Finland in the next months (though the first attempt of plan didnt work out) as one of my friends will be living there for some time and I like to visit people around the world.

Taliesin
06-25-2005, 06:56 AM
We have been to Finland.
Several times.

We have never been in prison.

Snukes
06-25-2005, 07:38 AM
NO one's gonna WANT to answer that! hehe! Uh, no... I have never been in prison either. Unless you count a visit once on a school field trip?

Koa
06-25-2005, 08:36 AM
Oh right I forgot about Taliesin being a sort of neighbour to Finland...

Snukes, if I was to decide, that trip would count...

Monica
06-25-2005, 08:54 AM
I also was in the prison. But also as a trip from school (with our priest). A frightening experience.

I've never done bungee jumping

Scheherazade
06-25-2005, 12:34 PM
I have never done bungee jumping either but I know someone who has... Does that count? :D

Jack_Aubrey
06-25-2005, 01:45 PM
I've never been to prison, but like Scher I know a bunch of people who have. But that really doesn't count.

I've never read War and Peace

kilted exile
06-25-2005, 02:07 PM
I have spent a night in the cells after a nights drinking resulted in me throwing up on a cop car ( no charges or anything like that just held till I sobred up)

I also have never read War & Peace.

Koa
06-25-2005, 02:10 PM
I think you guys are messing up the rules a bit...;)

Anyway ta-daaa I did read War&Peace. Yes, from beginning to end *sighs*

I've never dyed my hair red.

Nightshade
06-25-2005, 04:21 PM
I never died my hair red but I once put one of those comes out with first wash highlights in that was red didnt show though such a wate of money...
I agree with Koa about the rules plus you know scher you were the one who said dont break the rules and low and behold your doing it.
Ive never been to a court house...

Jack_Aubrey
06-25-2005, 04:47 PM
I've been to a court house.

I've never drank rum.

Miranda
06-25-2005, 07:34 PM
I've never been to prison either, but I like rum though I ain't drank it often. I have never been to the moon but I would like to, if I could get there and back in no time at all cos I don't like enclosed spaces. But I would like the experience of standing on the moon and looking back at the earth. It must be so quiet, unearthly - literally - and so beautiful, just the stars and you..and hopefully a spacecraft to get you home.

Love Miranda

Jack_Aubrey
06-25-2005, 07:41 PM
I think that we should put the prison one to rest. I also have never been to the moon.

I've never been on a cruise.

baddad
06-25-2005, 07:52 PM
I have been to jail. There, that idea is finally put to rest.

I have never sewn another person's stitches.

mono
06-26-2005, 05:05 PM
I have sewn, maintained, removed, and treated other people's stitches (and my own).

I have never traveled internationally.

Koa
06-26-2005, 05:41 PM
I have travelled to many places around here in Europe...

but I've never been to the USA

amuse
06-26-2005, 11:48 PM
i headed to the USA when i was almost two years old.
(and was at san quentin fed. penitentiary a few times when i was 3. rests.)

i've never tasted gelato.

mono
06-27-2005, 02:14 AM
I have had gelato only a few times, one occasion occuring only days ago, despite Portland's wealth of gelato shops.

I have never caused myself alcohol intoxication to the point of fainting.

Miss Darcy
06-27-2005, 02:59 AM
Er...neither have I.

In fact never taken alcohol. *Cough, cough...wonder why*

kilted exile
06-27-2005, 05:44 PM
Ok, I can definetely cover the alcohol to fainting...On a birthday one year I had a few too many tequilas (by few, I mean around 8 or 9), and woke up the next evening on a couch belonging to someone I only vaguely knew.

I've never gone snowboarding

Koa
06-27-2005, 06:23 PM
i've never tasted gelato.

er sorry...what would be the meaning of gelato in this contest? :confused:

haven't been snowboarding either...

amuse
06-27-2005, 08:37 PM
how many gelatos are there????
i meant the custardy, eggy stuff but do tell re: all types PleasePlease! :)

mono
06-27-2005, 11:26 PM
I have gone snowboarding once. Being a skateboarder in the past, I assumed I could learn snowboarding easily, but found myself very mistaken. :p

I have never eaten lobster.

-----

By the way, what I thought of the only kind of gelato: http://dictionary.reference.com/search?q=gelato

imthefoolonthehill
06-28-2005, 01:13 AM
I have. I've never shoplifted.

Koa
06-28-2005, 12:38 PM
By the way, what I thought of the only kind of gelato: http://dictionary.reference.com/search?q=gelato

Exactly...gelato is the Italian word for icecream so it made me wonder to see it used as it was a perfectly American word and assumed it was referring to something else... So that custardy eggy thing is not icecream I guess...?

---------------------------

Back to the game ehm..oh well I did...but only once, ages ago, I swear *embarassed*...(and I confess just for the sake of the game)

I've never had to get a visa to go abroad
(though that will change soon...)

Scheherazade
06-28-2005, 12:44 PM
I have to get visas to go abroad.

I have never dyed my hair blonde.

mono
06-28-2005, 03:14 PM
Exactly...gelato is the Italian word for icecream so it made me wonder to see it used as it was a perfectly American word and assumed it was referring to something else... So that custardy eggy thing is not icecream I guess...?
How strange . . . *shrugs, oh well, no worries. :)

-----

I have dyed blonde-brown streaks into my hair, but it took a lot of dye, my natural color being so dark.

I have never gone deep sea diving or snorkeled.

Rachy
06-28-2005, 03:52 PM
I have snorkled last time I went to America and saw the biggest Stingrays, and small sharks.

I have never felt like I was needed to make someone happier.

Helga
06-28-2005, 04:02 PM
I am happy to say that my dog needs me..... I like to think I make him happier....

I have never had a boyfriend who cared about me.

Rachy
06-28-2005, 04:03 PM
I have....at least he said he did until he cheated and two-timed on me.

I have never been in love!

Nightshade
06-28-2005, 04:04 PM
I used to when I was small Ithough noone could be happy without me ( big headed huh!!)!

Ive never eaten pork!

Rachy
06-28-2005, 04:06 PM
I have but I'm I think I'm now turning into a vegetarian, I'm very animal rights at this particular point in my life!

I've never had a near death experience!

odin2
06-28-2005, 04:07 PM
I think I did once......

I have never played baseball..

Helga
06-28-2005, 04:13 PM
I did.... god I HATE playing sports, this one is boring too...

I have never cared about my boyfriends much....they were idiots, maybe me too

Nightshade
06-28-2005, 04:15 PM
____I messed up my thread earlier this is just to say that!!___

Isagel
06-29-2005, 03:07 AM
I have never cared about my boyfriends much....they were idiots, maybe me too

I have cared about my boyfriends, though some were idiots. Perhaps that made me one as well. ( Oh dear, now it´s sound like I´ve had tons of them)

I have never had a boyfriend who did not read poetry.

mono
06-29-2005, 05:23 AM
I have had a Platonic friend, who happened to fit the male gender (:D), who detested poetry. Needless to say, we have lost contact over the years, due to our vastly different interests.

I have never required any serious surgery (not including the very minor surgery of getting my wisdom teeth extracted).

shortysweetp
06-29-2005, 09:31 AM
I had to have a c-section with my daughter.

I have never been to a water park.

papayahed
06-29-2005, 12:24 PM
I had to have a c-section with my daughter.

I have never been to a water park.

Do they have water in Oklahoma? :lol:

shortysweetp
06-29-2005, 12:52 PM
yes :) we actually live near a river and about an hour from grand lake. there is lots of water parks but i've never been to one. we actually pass one on the way to the river to go swimming
(we go about 3 times a week) my little girl loves it

mono
06-30-2005, 12:41 AM
I have attended a water park with my brothers, but did little swimming (silly fear of water) . . . but I still went there! :rolleyes:

I have never ice-skated.

Scheherazade
06-30-2005, 02:33 AM
I have ice-skated (OK, I am no Kwan but still...).

I have never actually read a Faulkner book from cover to cover. :blush:

Basil
06-30-2005, 03:03 AM
HANG YOUR HEAD IN SHAME!!

I am actually taking a Faulkner class this summer, but I've already read all the novels we're covering (but not all the short stories). I have read these novels: Absalom, Absalom!; As I Lay Dying; Go Down, Moses; The Hamlet; The Sound and the Fury; Light in August; Intruder in the Dust; Sanctuary; and The Unvanquished.

I've never eaten paella.

Butterfly_83
06-30-2005, 03:20 AM
I have never been to a court house but my Daddy has.... (I think)

I have never had a slow computer.

Butterfly_83
06-30-2005, 03:21 AM
Is Paella mexican?
i have had mexican,

But i have never eaten Duck.

Butterfly_83
06-30-2005, 03:22 AM
R u guys like on now?

Koa
06-30-2005, 09:31 AM
Paella is Spanish and, Butterfly_83, you're supposed to answer if you have done the thing asked in the last post :) Or at least that's how I assumed the game should work.

Anyway I have had paella though I doubt it was as it should be when Spanish make it, I think I have eaten duck before and I have had a slow computer... so now they're all solved :D

I have never had a boyfriend who lived in the same country as me :(
(well not that i have had 50...just 1...*sighs*)

papayahed
06-30-2005, 09:44 AM
I have had a boyfriend that lived in the same country as me.

I have never been on a cruise ship.

Bianca Fransen
06-30-2005, 10:28 AM
I have never been on a cruise ship either..

And I have never travelled outside Europe..

shortysweetp
06-30-2005, 11:48 AM
i have traveled just in the USA

i have never been to the atlantic ocean

Basil
06-30-2005, 12:01 PM
I have been to the Atlantic ocean (I grew up on an island off the Atlantic coast).

I have never bought anything from Ikea.

Snukes
06-30-2005, 02:06 PM
I have a fabulous plastic wardrobe and fuzzy blanket from Ikea. Hehe. Quality products, right there.

I have never feared for my life. (I'm curious about this after a conversation this morning.)

Koa
06-30-2005, 04:43 PM
I think I have.

I have never watched Shrek (and it seems weird to many people)

chmpman
06-30-2005, 05:02 PM
I have watched Shrek. The first is a modern animated classic but the second one is a let down.

I have never broken a bone in my body.

mono
06-30-2005, 06:59 PM
I stupidly broke my fourth digit's ("ring finger") middle knuckle on my left hand, while being very clumsy.

I have never traveled by train (not including my city's public transit train that goes a mere short distance).

shortysweetp
06-30-2005, 07:52 PM
i havent either

i have never eaten real raw sushi (just vegetable roll or cooked shrimp)

Miss Darcy
07-01-2005, 01:41 AM
I have...it's delicious. :D

I have never eaten meat (or fish, or chicken...no animal matter).

Scheherazade
07-01-2005, 01:41 AM
During my university years, I had overnight train journeys often.

I haven't had meat.

I have never read Catcher in the Rye.

Miss Darcy
07-01-2005, 01:44 AM
Neither. :(

I've never been on a long train ride. Well, not that I can remember, anyway. (But I suppose that's not necessary to say anymore since Scher has)

imthefoolonthehill
07-01-2005, 02:04 AM
I've read catcher in the rye and just finished reading franny and zooey (pretty darn good except for the ending)

I was also on a semi-long train ride from Frankfurt to Koln.

I've never gone skinny dipping.

mono
07-01-2005, 02:10 AM
Well (*sigh), I guess someone must speak up on this one, despite the coldness of Oregon waters. :blush:

I have never read anything by Joseph Conrad.

Scheherazade
07-01-2005, 02:22 AM
I have read Under Western Eyes and Secret Sharer.

I have never worked as a waitress.

Isagel
07-01-2005, 03:06 AM
I have. It was at a café in an open air museum and I had to wear a silly beginning of the century maid costume. I had to wear a small cap with lace on it.

I have never finished anything reading anything by Joyce. If you have, please give me a good reason to try again. I am thinking about starting over with Ulysses, for the sake of self education. I´ll bring it to the cottage, and then I´ll be forced to read it. No other books there, and no computer to waste time with.

Scheherazade
07-01-2005, 03:16 AM
I have read A Portrait of the Artist as a Young Man (thanks to the Book Club). It wasn't an easy read but it was worth it. Maybe you can start on that one rather than Ulysses, which, I hear, is much 'more complicated than Portrait.

I haven't read any Stephen King books.

imthefoolonthehill
07-01-2005, 03:43 AM
I've read all sorts of Stephen king books, from Misery to the Shining to Insomnia ... the list goes on and on. most were pretty good. he knows how to tell an absurd story absurdly well.

I've never done yoga

shortysweetp
07-01-2005, 10:20 AM
i do pilates which is close
- oh and miss darcy i do believe that real sushi has raw fish in it unless that is just an american thing
- mono have you ever been to the nude beach there. i think its in the columbia gorge not far from Multnomah falls. rooster rock? is it still there?

i have never read all of war of the worlds

Nightshade
07-01-2005, 01:39 PM
I have travelled by train in egypt, and I think when very small in Germany?
All i remeber from when i was little is that we slept on the train and it had beds!

I have never had a pinapple pizza.

Snukes
07-01-2005, 03:12 PM
I have. You're not missing much. :p

I have never been in (or run away from) a hurricane.

mono
07-01-2005, 03:24 PM
- mono have you ever been to the nude beach there. i think its in the columbia gorge not far from Multnomah falls. rooster rock? is it still there?
Yes, it still exists, but I could never go there, or another near Sauvie Island - way too shy! :blush:

I have avoided a hurricane, running into a local cellar while traveling with family; as yet, I have never ran so quickly.

I have never witnessed a tornado.

Miss Darcy
07-02-2005, 01:04 AM
- oh and miss darcy i do believe that real sushi has raw fish in it unless that is just an american thing

They sell that as well in Tokyo Sushi over here...the sort with fish sticking out of it...but they also have vegetarian sushi, and other flavours with meat instead of fish, and other stuff as well. :confused:

I've done yoga, only the most basic exercises with my mum when I was little, though. (Not had any time lately!!!)

I have never witnessed a tornado, but my dad stayed not far away from Bunbury in Western Australia at the time they had one there, does that count? :D Apparently it was so strong that a grand piano was moved to the other end of a large room. Well, lots of damage, but no serious injuries.

We've also had mini-cyclones in Queensland. In my street, that is. ;)

I've never snowboarded.

chmpman
07-02-2005, 01:13 AM
I've snowboarded a few times. I live in Montana so I should be a pro, but I never got into it until late, only last winter.

I have never been east of the Mississippi (or very near it on the western side either, but i figure this is a fair divide)

Jay
07-02-2005, 07:00 AM
If we're thinking all-around-the-world kinda 'east of Mississippi' and not only in the US, I've never been anywhere else but east of Mississippi. (ie I have been east of Mississippi :p ;))

I've never done diving, of any kind.

Monica
07-02-2005, 07:44 AM
I have. It was when I was in Sicily and I loved it. Great fun. And breathtaking sights.

I have never been on a rock concert (hoping to be on Tuesday. U2 are coming to my city :D)

mono
07-02-2005, 03:10 PM
I have attended and performed many rock concerts - too many that I fear the worst for my hearing later in life. :p

I have never gotten into a physical fight.

Helga
07-02-2005, 06:08 PM
I have, didn't really enjoy it but it released anger pretty well.

I have never asked a guy out..

Miss Darcy
07-03-2005, 05:16 AM
Neither. :D Well...I once asked one of my friends to be on our team for a teenage chess thing, since it was meant to be two boys and two girls, but that doesn't count. Obviously.

Monica
07-03-2005, 05:25 AM
I have. The problem is he haven't responded yet :goof: (it's by e-mail :p )

I have never done parachuting. I'd like to but am afraid a bit :nod:

amuse
07-04-2005, 06:32 PM
i've never ridden a motorcycle

mono
07-04-2005, 07:29 PM
I have ridden a motorcycle a few times, and loved it, but feared going too fast. :eek:

I have never driven a motorcycle.

Scheherazade
07-12-2005, 11:17 AM
Does Vespa Scooter count? If so, I have.

I have never had any tattoos... temporary or permanent.

amuse
07-12-2005, 07:49 PM
i've one - an ek symbol (http://www.eckankar.org/) in the area of my decolletage.

i've never dated one of my professors.

shortysweetp
07-13-2005, 12:06 AM
I have never dated one of my professors either.

I have never made my own sherbet.
(but will soon)

papayahed
07-13-2005, 09:19 AM
I wanted to date one of my professors...

mono
07-13-2005, 01:50 PM
i've one - an ek symbol (http://www.eckankar.org/) in the area of my decolletage.
Ouch, painful area!

Okay, the game got a little confusing, so I guess I will respond to both:

I have never made my own sherbet.
(but will soon)
I have, and it turned out surprisingly well, after resulting in a very messy kitchen.

I wanted to date one of my professors...
Eh, I spent some time with one of my former professors, a very pleasant, intelligent gentleman, and I think he considered it dating, but I did not.

I have never had the ability to draw/sketch well.

Bianca Fransen
07-13-2005, 03:41 PM
I cannot draw or sketch well also. I like to pretend though :brow:. Take a sketchbook, put myself on a bench in a city and look interesting.. :cool:. People always ask me whether I am an artist or not :lol:. Not.

I have never been completely drunk.

Koa
07-13-2005, 04:36 PM
I think I have been... not to the point of forgetting things though...or falling asleep or stuff.

I've never read Don Quixote.

shortysweetp
07-23-2005, 10:20 AM
i have read parts of it

i have never had the cops called on me

GruesomeBugman
07-23-2005, 10:44 AM
I have a few times, mostly for my music or movies being too loud.
sad thing about living in an apartment building.

I've never been to disneyworld.
(couldn't think of anything else, oddly.)

Bianca Fransen
07-23-2005, 11:24 AM
Me neither.. Not even Disney World in Paris - which is just a train ride away..

I have never jumped from a plane (with a parachute ;) )

shortysweetp
07-23-2005, 11:44 AM
I havent either nor am i planning on it i am afraid of heights

i have never had eaten alligator

amuse
07-23-2005, 10:25 PM
neither have i but i lived briefly with one.

i have never eaten scrapple.

shortysweetp
07-24-2005, 01:03 AM
i guess i havent either since i have no clue what it is

i have never watched all of wuthering heights which was on tonight. watched a piece of it and it didnt go along with the books so i turned it off

Bianca Fransen
07-24-2005, 05:47 AM
Is there a movie of Wuthering Heights?? (This is my answer ;) ).

I have never kissed a girl.

mono
07-24-2005, 11:56 PM
Okay, here goes:

i have never eaten scrapple.
Before my vegetarian days, years ago, a family member tricked me into trying this, without knowing what it consisted of (needless to say, I felt a little ill after knowing :p).

i have never watched all of wuthering heights which was on tonight. watched a piece of it and it didnt go along with the books so i turned it off
I watched the 1939 version, and did not feel too impressed, but somewhat enjoyed it.

I have never kissed a girl.
I have kissed a few girls in my time, but not a great amount, always feeling quite shy. :blush:

I have never driven or ridden a moped.

Miss Darcy
07-25-2005, 03:16 AM
My answer this time: what on earth is a moped?
Is it one of those motorbike things with an extra seat attached? If so, my grandad (or great-grandad, I can't remember, I never met any of my male grandparents) had one of those...does that count? :D

If so, I've never eaten meat (though I'm NOT so sure of never having said that before :D) or fish. (Or chicken)

Nightshade
07-25-2005, 06:12 AM
I have eaten LOTS of meat in my time (but never any pig) .
Is shark a fish??? that is absalotly lovley....

I have never eaten brains.

shortysweetp
07-25-2005, 11:11 AM
me neither

i have never been to Africa

Scheherazade
07-25-2005, 12:05 PM
I have never eaten brains.I simply have to have brains!!!

http://www.columbiacostumes.com/Zombie.jpg

amuse
07-25-2005, 12:50 PM
moped
http://www.harleysandsportbikeshawaii.com/Moped.gif

& scrapple (http://www.velvitoil.com/Scrapple.htm)

Bianca Fransen
07-25-2005, 05:00 PM
i have never been to Africa
Me neither. My dad went there and said I absolutely HAVE to go there someday. He loved it. But he was there for the wedding of my uncle and was very much included in the community :thumbs_up - so I am not sure my experience would be quite the same..

I have never defended myself (well) when in immediate danger..

baddad
07-26-2005, 11:01 PM
I have never jumped from a plane (with a parachute ;) )

......Huhhh.........??? .......hhmmmm........

After looking at the recipe I can guarantee I have never, nor will I ever, eat scrapple......

Uhh.....yeah, baddad has defended himself.....well.

I have never condoned violence of any kind.

imthefoolonthehill
07-27-2005, 12:01 AM
I have. and participated in it. I've broken my brothers nose... and it was the best time i've ever had with him.

well, it was for me.

i've never made carrot cake.

Miss Darcy
07-27-2005, 01:49 AM
I've helped my mum make it when I was younger, does that count? ;)

I have never been published in print (several times on the internet, of course, but what is that to me?).

shortysweetp
07-27-2005, 11:03 AM
i havent either as that i dont write.

i have never taken a raw artichoke and cooked it.

kilted exile
07-27-2005, 11:33 AM
I have never been published in print (several times on the internet, of course, but what is that to me?).

I have been published in print. I wrote an article on the state of Scottish football (soccer) which was published in a newspaper (I even got my own photobyline)

I also have never taken a raw artichoke and cooked it.

Scheherazade
07-27-2005, 11:59 AM
i havent either as that i dont write.

i have never taken a raw artichoke and cooked it.My letters to 'Dear Deidre' and 'Lonely Hearts Column' often get published! *beams proudly*

I have bought raw artichokes and cooked them... We are all allowed to make mistakes, right?

I have never gone strawberry picking.

Taliesin
07-27-2005, 12:13 PM
*eyes Scher extremely suspiciously*

We usually strawberry-pick every summer many times.

We have never known anyone personally/in corpore who has never been to sauna.

Bianca Fransen
07-27-2005, 01:54 PM
Haha.. I know many people who do not want to enter a sauna. My sister for example.

I have never worn anything golden (except a pretend-golden ring).

shortysweetp
07-27-2005, 04:42 PM
i have personally wore golden things but not normally as that I like silver better. My wedding ring is white gold though.

i ahve never had a scotch on the rocks (its a drink).

kilted exile
07-27-2005, 05:23 PM
I have had scotch on the rocks (it was bought for me).
*Rant* Scotch whisky should never be had with ice, and certainly not with lemon :rage: 2 fingers of Scotch should be put in a glass and only a very small amount of water added to release the flavour.*Rant over*

I have never travelled to the southern hemisphere.

Bianca Fransen
07-28-2005, 10:42 AM
Me neither..

I have never been engaged to be married.

shortysweetp
07-28-2005, 11:28 AM
i have since i am married.

i have never had ugli fruit.

mono
07-28-2005, 01:52 PM
I have - delicious, but very sweet and tart.

I have never flown in a helicopter.

GruesomeBugman
07-28-2005, 01:56 PM
I have, I was in Sweden, and a friend of my step-fathers took us up to fly low over the farm they owned, it was beautiful =)

I've never seen a live sea turtle.

shortysweetp
07-28-2005, 02:50 PM
i havent either well wait i think i have. mono dont they have some in the aquarium where "willy" (from free willy i forget the real name) is or was (havent heard anything in awhile since i moved)?

i have never been to Sea World in San Antonio

amuse
07-28-2005, 05:26 PM
me either but i've been to marine world in vallejo...i'm not sure if they still call it that now.

i have never knitted.

Bianca Fransen
07-28-2005, 05:31 PM
I have.. and could even read and knit at the same time :cool: Which I thought was really an accomplishment (when I was ten..) :brow: Especially for someone who is never ever able to do two things at once normally :mad:.

I have never baked a cake.. well, not one that counts anyway :D

shortysweetp
07-28-2005, 05:42 PM
i have lots of time my favorite is called the "better-than-almost-anything cake" it is awesome but i have also made a lot from scratch my favorite from scratch is either pinapple upside down cake or brownies.

i have never made my own pasta (from scratch)

mono
07-28-2005, 10:35 PM
mono dont they have some in the aquarium where "willy" (from free willy i forget the real name) is or was (havent heard anything in awhile since i moved)?
They did years ago, during my (our, actually) youth, yes, in Newport, but now, I have no idea.
And, if I remember correctly, the whale's name: Keiko.

i have never made my own pasta (from scratch)
Mmmm, I have a number of times, and still do, now and then, but it takes a lot of time.

I have never eaten escargot.

shortysweetp
07-28-2005, 11:07 PM
yes keiko was his name.

no i havent eaten escargot. eww

i have never eaten raw oysters.

papayahed
07-29-2005, 09:49 AM
I have eatern escargot and raw oysters.

I have never caught and eaten my own food of any sort.

shortysweetp
07-29-2005, 10:28 AM
i have FISH nothing else though

i have never been scuba diving

Bianca Fransen
07-29-2005, 02:29 PM
Never did that too.. but had a lesson in a swimming pool :yawnb:. Nice and easy ;)

I have never danced like you're supposed to on house music (even if the constant beat inspires some moving :idea:)

Taliesin
07-29-2005, 02:31 PM
Pardon, but.... what the hell is house music?

Bianca Fransen
07-29-2005, 02:33 PM
Oh, is that only Dutch? It is music with a constant beat - more beat than music.. and your supposed to make a funny little step and keep your upper body totally still. Can I take your answer as a 'no'? ;)

shortysweetp
07-29-2005, 02:39 PM
yeah i dont think we have that here in oklahoma (USA) either

mono
07-29-2005, 04:07 PM
I have never danced like you're supposed to on house music (even if the constant beat inspires some moving :idea:)
I believe House music, in parts of Europe, refer to what most Americans call techno and electronica.
Well, I have tried to dance to it, after much coaxing from a friend, and lots of drinks.

I have never burned myself severely.

papayahed
07-29-2005, 05:09 PM
Depend what you mean by "severely"? But I have been burned often:
1. I was reaching into the oven when the door shut on my arm and left a nice chunk of skin on the oven door.
2. At work I was reaching behind a tank being careful to avoid the steam pipes, but I wasn't careful enough and burned myself, I've never seen a burn blister so big.
3. At work I was driving a hi lo and I thought a tote was empty, but it wasn't and I splashed a strong acid onto my face (don't worry, I'm still pretty)
4. At work I splashed a caustic solution and a drop landed on my lip, that wasn't really a burn, but boy did that smart.

I've never eaten Haggis.

amuse
07-30-2005, 12:21 AM
<<<we also call "house music" "house/house music" on the east coast>>>

Bianca Fransen
07-30-2005, 04:36 AM
I believe House music, in parts of Europe, refer to what most Americans call techno and electronica.
Ah, yes, I believe sometimes we call it techno too.. but house music is a more common term with us. Thank you for answering!

I've never eaten Haggis.
Ehm, I am not sure what it is.. so I guess I have never eaten it.

I have never camped anywhere you were not supposed to or in the wild (only in the backyard and on a camp site)..

Miss Darcy
07-30-2005, 05:29 AM
Neither. That's of course if you don't count sleeping under the stars several times on the road all over Europe, mainly in Spain...

I've never seen a real Blackberry (er, the mobile phone thing, not the fruit :D).

papayahed
07-30-2005, 02:47 PM
After much arguing with my boss I have a blackberry.

I have never danced a waltz.

Bianca Fransen
07-30-2005, 02:50 PM
Ah, I have. Lots of times. If it goes well it feels like floating.. really wonderful.

I have never left the librabry with only one book..

Taliesin
07-30-2005, 03:28 PM
We have. Probably. Well, the probaility favours an occasion like that.

We have never droven a car passably.

mono
07-30-2005, 10:40 PM
I've never eaten Haggis.
Ugh, I admit, I have eaten haggis before, many years ago, during my omnivore days; a friend tricked me into eating it, and it surprisingly did not taste that badly, until my friend told me what it consisted of, then I felt quite ill. :eek2:

We have never droven a car passably.
I have, though I do not particularly enjoy driving - only if needed.

I have never taken calculus.

shortysweetp
07-30-2005, 11:02 PM
ew i have. i took AP calc in high school

i have never been a vegetarian (not sure of spelling)

Miss Darcy
07-31-2005, 12:32 AM
I have, ever since I was born.

I have never drunk (or even wanted to drink) alcohol.

shortysweetp
07-31-2005, 01:17 AM
i have and I did tonight.

i have never gotten drunk on vodka (as in i have never had enough vodka to get drunk)

Basil
07-31-2005, 02:25 AM
When I first started drinking, I only drank vodka and lots of it. Cape Cods, vodka tonics, screwdrivers, fuzzy navels--all good choices.

As I grew older, I switched from "light" liquor to "dark" liquor. Bourbon or whiskey became my choice. One night, after I returned to my house with a bottle of bourbon I'd just purchased, my roommate told me he preferred it when I drank vodka to when I drank dark liquor. When I asked why, he told me that dark liquor made me "belligerent." I laughed, and told him he was crazy.

A couple of hours later, the bottle almost empty, I sat in the corner of our apartment, seething with rage. Belligerent, huh? How dare he call me that! If belligerent was what he wanted, then I'd show him belligerent, by God!! We had guests over but it scarcely mattered to me; the affront, after all, was too great to be ignored.

Using some lame pretense, I clumsily attacked my roommate. My roommate (who outweighed me by about 60 pounds) easily and almost gently took me to the ground and proceeded to sit on my chest, pinning my arms to the ground. I told him to let me go. I called him a coward. I told him if he'd just let me up, I'd beat the tar out of him. He said he'd let me go if I promised not to try and fight him again. I told him to go to hell. He said I only acted this way when I drank dark liquor. While all this was going on, there were about six people standing around us--me on my back, helpless under the weight of my roommate.

After about fifteen minutes, I said I wouldn't try to fight him anymore. He told me to promise. I promised. He got to his feet and backed away. I got to my feet, stood there unsteadily for a second . . . and then suddenly, without warning, I charged my roommate again.

Again, he took me to the ground. This time, he sat on my chest for almost half an hour before I promised not to try to fight him again. I kept my word, too: at that point, I just wanted to go to sleep.

These days, I just drink beer.

I have never been to a zoo.

shortysweetp
07-31-2005, 09:53 AM
I have many times.

I have never drawn a whole comic strip.

mono
07-31-2005, 01:54 PM
I have contributed to a whole comic strip; since I cannot draw well to save my life, I wrote the dialogue, while a friend of mine, very good at drawing, made the pictures. What we titled it in high school, I cannot remember, but very funny.

I have never met, but have seen, any movie celebrities.

Bianca Fransen
07-31-2005, 05:40 PM
Ah, I have never met any movie celebrities either.

I have never been backstage at a pop concert.

Nightshade
08-25-2005, 03:00 PM
Ive been backstage at a proper play does that count??
Ive never had a real disire to test my mortality

Jay
08-25-2005, 03:03 PM
I used to. (have those desires to be exact ;))

I've never sung in the shower.

Nightshade
08-25-2005, 03:05 PM
Reeeeally I thought that was a natural normal instinict oh well another thing to add to the why I am considered seriously wierd list :D

Ive never drunk alchol

Jay
08-25-2005, 03:08 PM
I have, not worth the money, buy yourself a nice book instead... I know I will ;)

I've never been too good at maths. (though I usually enjoyed it)

AimusSage
08-25-2005, 03:39 PM
I am somewhat good at math never really encountered difficulties with it sometimes it took a second look and some trying to figure something out, but I manage. It doesn't really hold my interest, so i might just not be challenged enough in the field.

I have never understood mourning for the deceased.

Adelheid
08-26-2005, 03:35 AM
I have.... one is grieved that their relatives or friends passed away, to never come back into this orld again. They may join them, but the deceased can not come back to them.

I have not yet mastered playing tastefully my favourite piece of music. :(

mono
08-26-2005, 10:29 PM
Though I cannot narrow down my favorite piece of music, I have mastered a few of my favorites, but with lots of practice.

I have never flown over an ocean.

Nightshade
08-27-2005, 12:59 AM
I have you get the worst turbulance on US-Europe flights over the atlantic and some times you can see icegergs :eek:

I have never (yet) stood at a point were to oceans/seas meet (eg Indian+pacific, Atlantic and indian and that bit in cornwall the name of which I can rember etc etc

dejosc
08-27-2005, 01:06 PM
i have, i think if its lands end then yes

i have never handed in a piece of coursework on time

mono
08-27-2005, 03:36 PM
I usually tend to stay on schedule in school assignments, especially in college. Unfortunately, however, sometimes the work on such assignments subtracts much from spare time and sleep. :p

I have never attempted tai chi.

dejosc
08-27-2005, 06:37 PM
neither have i it looks a bit dull and to slow for me

i have never owned an unusual pet

Loki
08-28-2005, 04:37 AM
Are guinea pigs unusual? :p And what about goldfish? Cats? Mice? Dogs? Er...I've owned all of those, so if any of them count...:D oh yeah, what about chickens?

Oh I've got a good one - we have an emu-in-residence at our family farm. Does that count?

I have never told a (proper) lie. (White lies, i.e. saying "I'd love to" when I wouldn't exactly LOVE to don't count.) May sound a bit funny, what with my user title :rolleyes: but you can do trickster work through mere implication. No lies necessary.

dejosc
08-28-2005, 06:58 PM
Wow i tell lies all the time its how i survive, a lie a day keeps you out of trouble for a short amount of time. I always stay guilt free though because i dont have a conscience.

i have never eaten beef jerky(sounds really nice as well for some strange reason)

mono
08-29-2005, 02:46 PM
Before my vegetarian days, I tried beef jerky once, and felt ill afterwards - just never my type of food, I suppose. :D

I have never gone water-skiing or snow-skiing.

Isagel
08-29-2005, 03:27 PM
I used to go skiing when I was younger, in my country you have to. It´s almost a national obligation. ( Never tried water skiing , though)

I have never been to Los Angeles.

shortysweetp
08-29-2005, 04:50 PM
i havent either

i have never been on a sea-doo or jet ski

Nightshade
08-30-2005, 12:32 PM
Ive been on a jet ski and I have never had so much fun in my life!! I wonder if a motorcycle would be similar?

Ive never bungee jumped. (nor thank heavens do I ever want to or intentend to):)

Bianca Fransen
08-30-2005, 02:39 PM
Me neither!!

I have never carried a spider in my hand.

mono
08-30-2005, 06:29 PM
I have never been to Los Angeles.
I have, and thought it . . . interesting - crowded, dirty, often unfriendly, but it had nice amusement parks. San Francisco and San Diego seemed much more enjoyable.

i have never been on a sea-doo or jet ski
I have, and had fun, but felt terrified most of all.

I have never carried a spider in my hand.
I remember at a large school assembly at my elementary school, during my childhood, zoologists featured all sorts of animals, and allowed us to hold various ones, like spiders, snakes, a scorpion, ducks, chicks, and an iguana (which I have wanted since).

I have never lived in one residence for over 4 years.

shortysweetp
08-30-2005, 09:10 PM
i have but not all at once i moved back and forth between family memebers a lot as a child

i have never ate a raw whole hablano pepper.

mono
09-01-2005, 03:57 PM
i have never ate a raw whole hablano pepper.
Do you mean the habanero pepper, by chance?
If so, a few months ago, I did something very stupid, having eaten a sauce of raw, concentrated habanero peppers (by itself); needless to say, I regretted it very quickly. My eyes welled and poured with tears, I felt very ill in my stomach, and I could only taste the worst burning sensation I have felt in my mouth for hours. :eek2:
Honestly, I would recommend this kind of dumb act to no one.

I have never watched The Godfather in one sitting.

Scheherazade
09-01-2005, 04:08 PM
I have watched 'The Godfather' in one sitting... on more than one occasions since it is one of my favorite movies (also had marathons, watching I, II, III one after another :blush:)

I have never had Dr Pepper. (Yeah, I know I should try... What's the worst thing can happen? :p)

Chava
09-09-2005, 04:08 AM
I have, but I didn't really like it.

I have never been in a crazy (well, that's a broad definition) cult.

B-Mental
10-04-2005, 07:36 AM
I have, but I didn't really like it.

I have never been in a crazy (well, that's a broad definition) cult.

I've never been in a crazy cult, but I did see the Cult in concert and they were CRAZZY :brickwall

Does that count?

I've never barefoot waterskied, have you?

Pensive
11-03-2005, 03:51 AM
No, I have never in my whole life barefooted waterskied. :D

I have never read Silas Marner. Have you and did you like it?

Sandrine
11-06-2005, 05:27 PM
No, I've never read Silas Marner.

I've never been to the Caribbean, have you?

samercury
11-06-2005, 09:15 PM
I have

I've never broken my leg....strange considering how clumsy I am.....

jakobin
11-06-2005, 10:00 PM
Ive broken my leg, in 3 places. haha and coincidentally, i did it barefoot water-skiing. no im not joking, its a true story. it was the most painful thing ever. pins in my leg all over, in hospital for a long time.

i am not a member of the mile-high club.

Pendragon
11-10-2005, 10:41 AM
Nor I. As if they would want me. I've broken BOTH legs! With me it's more of what I HAVEN'T broken than what I have! Both arms, both legs, three ribs, most of my fingers, (basketball!), slipped disc in back, sacrum knocked out of place in back, tailbone cracked, collarbone chipped, three concussions, four KO's, surgery to repair shattered left ankle, surgery to repair right index finger, bad right knee from fall on Appalachain Trail 6 miles from nearest road, stab wound above left kidney, stitches in back of head, legs, arm out of joint, etc. :lol: :lol: :lol:

I have difficulty speaking French, my second language. Sounds funny with my Southern Virginia Accent! So I am not a linguist.

Shea
11-10-2005, 10:45 AM
Nor I. As if they would want me. I've broken BOTH legs! With me it's more of what I HAVEN'T broken than what I have! Both arms, both legs, three ribs, most of my fingers, (basketball!), slipped disc in back, sacrum knocked out of place in back, tailbone cracked, collarbone chipped, three concussions, four KO's, surgery to repair shattered left ankle, surgery to repair right index finger, bad right knee from fall on Appalachain Trail 6 miles from nearest road, stab wound above left kidney, stitches in back of head, legs, arm out of joint, etc. :lol: :lol: :lol:

:eek2: :eek2: :eek2:

samercury
11-11-2005, 07:38 PM

I have difficulty speaking French, my second language. Sounds funny with my Southern Virginia Accent! So I am not a linguist.

Ouch! :eek2: What haven't you broken? :eek:

I speak French- fun!

I've never talked to a snake

Nightshade
11-12-2005, 01:52 PM
I have well I carried one those things are dry and so very heavy I went around the next day stooped over from holding it only 5 minutes on my shoulders
I have never (or even wanted to) bungee jumped

Pendragon
11-12-2005, 08:47 PM
I have well I carried one those things are dry and so very heavy I went around the next day stooped over from holding it only 5 minutes on my shoulders
I have never (or even wanted to) bungee jumpedFunny, I live about two hours drive from one of the best bungee jump sites in the world, The New River Gorge Bridge. I've never been there. When I was lighter maybe. But at 300+, uh-huh. SNAP! :sick:

I could never be a doctor

Scheherazade
01-16-2006, 06:37 PM
////////// b u m p \\\\\\\\\\

Pendragon
01-16-2006, 06:42 PM
I've never swallowed a live goldfish? Have you? :lol:

Weeping Willow
01-19-2006, 06:17 PM
I can't see how some one would say they did this ..so i'm breaking the rulz! (once more in this thread)

I have never had true love! have you?

Pendragon
01-20-2006, 10:26 AM
I have had and enjoy true love. I married my best friend and have been happily married for 26 years, with 3 kids.

I have never been shot. (About everything else!)

papayahed
01-20-2006, 03:54 PM
I've been shot by a rubberband. (you didn't specify!!)

I've never played soccer (football).

Weeping Willow
01-20-2006, 03:57 PM
I play soccer at friday night sometimes!

I have never been to Mexico (yet!!!!)

Dixie Chick
01-21-2006, 06:54 PM
I have been to Mexico several times on holiday and also studied there shortly. I love Mexico.

I have never drunk coffee or tea.

emily655321
01-21-2006, 07:35 PM
Ooh, really? That's interesting. Well, at the risk of being redundant... I have.

I've never driven on a highway/freeway/parkway.

Pendragon
01-22-2006, 10:56 AM
I regularly drive on the Blue Ridge Parkway, featuring the Linn Cove Viaduct-- what a view! Great hiking as well.

I've never been out of my home country.

Weeping Willow
01-22-2006, 10:59 AM
I've been to England, USA, France, Rhodus and Amsterdam Which are all out of my home Country!

I've have never been married.... :goof:...

Taliesin
01-22-2006, 11:05 AM
We have been to Finland two times and also to Latvia before we were born.

We have never flown with a plane.

Nightshade
01-22-2006, 12:02 PM
I have flown on planes all my life, Ill be on one a week, wedensday.

I have never been on a plane on my own.

:D

Pendragon
01-22-2006, 10:03 PM
To answer Willow, I have been married for 26 years.

And like Nightshade, I have never been on a plane on my own (in my case, or at all, but who's counting?)

RobinHood3000
01-22-2006, 10:23 PM
I have! Waaay back when I had to go on a trip for a math competition.

I have never gone hanggliding.

Miss Darcy
01-23-2006, 01:01 AM
I have never been on a plane on my own.

Do you mean, on your own, totally solitary, without captain or crew :D or merely without anybody you know to give you companionship?

I've been on a plane both with my family, without my family but with friends, and without friends or family. ;)

I have also never been hanggliding...so pass that on...