PDA

View Full Version : Can someone edit the last 2 paragraphs of my essay?

sp00ky
05-31-2005, 10:11 PM
I don't know if this is the right forums or sections but I really need help getting my last 2 paragraph edited. All I need to check is my spelling and grammar is okay. Feel free to add and take stuff out. The question is why Catcher in the Rye so endearing?:
Lastly, Holden’s ability to blame everyone for his actions becomes a serious issue during the course of the novel. For example, Holden was the manager of the fencing team. As the team goes to New York for a fencing meet, Holden left all the foils and equipment on the subway. As a result, Holden avoids blaming himself for his irresponsible act and states, “It wasn’t all my fault. I had to keep getting up to look at this map, so we’d know where to get off.” (Salinger 3. 26 – 28) Even though he is in charge of the equipment and forgets them in the subway, he tries to make excuses to so he won’t be guilty of his lack of responsibilities. Throughout the novel, Holden makes excuses after excuses for his actions so he won’t feel as responsible. This is relationship with youths today as they try to cover up their actions with lame excuses. In short, Holden’s character in trying to build up excuses after excuses to conceal his negative actions makes it very appealing to young reader as they can relate.
It is without a doubt that all people, especially teenagers, will face great troubles in their lifetime. Holden, in particular, faces several personal problems. He is a teenager who definitely needs some sort of direction in his life. Remarkably Holden Caulfield’s character has managed to interest one generation of youths after another for

SwtRose
06-01-2005, 12:35 AM
My advice isn't appreciated here .