PDA

View Full Version : No Subject

Beth Wolfe
04-22-2003, 01:00 AM
I thought it was a really hard book to read but it turned out ok at the end

Unregistered
04-26-2005, 10:45 AM
I have read this novel many times and always return to it finding something new. Perhaps it has to do with getting older. There is a strong belief in the essential goodness and dignity of man.

Unregistered
05-24-2005, 06:07 PM
It sounds as though everyone posting here has had about the same experience with Silas Marner and I'm another one of you guys that had to read it for a book essay in English. The book was dragging for the first half and then all of the sudden, Eliot works some magic. This beautiful story about a poor old man and a child erupts and I finish the book in an hour from the beginning of part II, while the first half took three weeks for me to get into. <br> After finishing the book, I've been recommending the book to every soul that is literate. I recommended the book to my mother and she ended up thanking me the next day (She loves books with a happy ending), "I loved that book! How many other books did he write?"<br> Yes, yes, I explained to her afterwards that Eliot was actually a woman. She didn't seem to be surprised since the book was about a man single handedly raising a child. <br> And don't think that the book is some chick book either, it's good for everyone. Just get past the first half as fast as possible if you think it's a bore in only the fourth chapter. <br> Book essay was easy smeazy as long as you read the book thoroughly. Supposedly my teacher has a "foolproof" essay system to make sure you read the novel, kids who read their novels even failed. For some reason I passed with a high B though. Real easy read and easy essay. If you have a choice between Silas and Heart of Darkness---Silas Marner. Trust me.<br> Sorry for raggin' on for so long, but I just have to tell you all to read this damn book NOW! Hell you can read it for free right here on this site.