PDA

View Full Version : English

Alicia
05-24-2005, 06:03 PM
I've been reading this book for a report in my English class. I've never really liked reading and was upset when I found out I have to read a book for a report, but this book is so good I don't want to put it down. I'm actually enjoying it! It has such good descriptions of the setting and of the characters. It really puts you in it.

Haykersh9
11-11-2005, 02:08 PM
I disagree. I am also reading this for english and I have to say it is the most boring book I have ever read, and I've read one about a plant pot! We watched the video first, and that was bearable! But having to read it over and over again is wearing me down! I never like it in the first place, and I certainly don't now! The writer has a brilliant writing skill, but it's just... boring! Sorry to anyone who thinks the opposite.

mdreyaz
01-19-2006, 01:15 PM
I read Silas Marner as a course book. Reading fiction is generally fun, but reading a text book becomes boring. when I started reading SM first few chapters gave me the same impression. But, as the plot grew, I was sort of spellbound to finish the book. Although the story is not very interesting, it depicts George Elliot's insight into human psychy and the plot seems very real.