PDA

View Full Version : wonderful read

thinley tharchen
05-24-2005, 06:03 PM
Middlemarch sure is one of the classics of literature in that it is a detailed study of life. Some of the passages in the book are delicious if you are looking for intellectual stuff. I enjoyed the book thoroughly though one gets a bit impatient being quite long but then its something we could bear to have the satisfaction of completing an acclaimed classic.<br>The ending (i won't let it out though) quite dissapointed me but all in all its a book that you would not mind reading and would not mind remembering "I read that one"<br><br><br><br><br><br>

fb0252
02-07-2011, 03:14 PM
reading a second time, you'll have zero problems with the book being too long. Instead the emotion is to be sad it's over. It's difficult on first reading, at least for me it was, to completely appreciate the precisely expertly drawn scenes and dialogue and observations that rival Shakespeare imo. Second time through there's less concentration on the story line and more on unbelievably great writing. I have read most of the good ones and this is right up there.

Gladys
09-26-2011, 07:32 AM
The ending (i won't let it out though) quite dissapointed me...

Having just finished, I found the ending unsurprising but as moving as the best of Tolstoy.

kelby_lake
09-11-2012, 10:29 AM
Having just finished, I found the ending unsurprising but as moving as the best of Tolstoy.

Do you mean the ending or the epilogue?