PDA

View Full Version : turn of the screw

Unregistered
12-19-2002, 02:00 AM
I couldn't agree with you more about your view point on this book. I had originally chosen this book to do a report on it for my English class because it was short in lenght. Unfortunately, I now see that I'd rather have picked a longer book than have to read this one another time. (Note: I'm not intellectually challenged. It's just an extremely BORING story. I have yet to watch either of the movies.)

Unregistered
07-27-2003, 01:00 AM
its greatly depressing that some people have no conception of good literature and aren't intelligent to pick up the psychological brillance of this novel.such shame

Basia
05-24-2005, 06:07 PM
As a film ( made with the title "The Innocents" in 1961) this is an incredibly terrifying story. As a book, it is an incredibly tedious wade that would not scare a mouse. It's so boring that I truly respect the filmakers who persevered sufficiently to make "The Innocents".<br>Two other film versions have been made under the original title, and I would recommend neither of them. Lynn Redgrave and Jodhi May both play the role of the governess, but neither can hold a candle to the luminous Deborah Kerr in the 1961 version.<br>I pity anyone who has to study this book for school literature, so I do recommend that they watch "The Inocents" and regard it as a reward for ploughing through the novel.