PDA

View Full Version : No Subject

Unregistered
05-24-2005, 06:07 PM
I am living here for 10 years now and I am amazed how simple minded some people are. We're talking about Tarzan here and not about the human rights campaign. Don't get me wrong, stereo typing anyone is wrong and should not happen, period! However back then society was a completely different ballgame. If you grow up in a country as a child and it is legitimate to discriminate against a certain type of group you don't know any better. Back then it was not a crime. It's basically like growing up in a 3rd world country. People that grow up there have very little luxury. In other words they don't know what's out there. The fact that they could have as much food as they want at an all you can eat buffet would never occour to them. They are ignorant to the fact. That doesn't make them bad people. One more thing. I was very ignorant about the black vs white tension myself until I came to this country. Until then I have never been subject to these kind of problems. All I can say is that whatever we do now won't matter in 100 years down the road. So why don't we just enjoy the story instead of having a racial Drama session.