PDA

View Full Version : Lovely

Chrissy
03-17-2005, 11:46 AM
I agree with the things you have said about this book, it takes a while to really "get into" the book but once you start it it hits you with some meaning..someday i plan to read this book more thoroughly as to actually find the meaning for its being written.

Peggy
03-20-2005, 06:44 PM
I read A Room With A View for the first time. I'm a high school English teacher, and I enjoy reading the classics. I really liked this novel, but my favorite of Forster's is A Passage to India. Thought you might like to check it out.

Kerr
05-24-2005, 06:07 PM
I picked up A Room With A View at Barnes and Noble, and didn't know what to expect. It was listed as a classic so I thought I'd check it out, and so I bought it along with The Jungle and Dracula. It was the shortest of the three books so I cracked the hard cover open and began reading. It took a little effort getting into the book, but eventually my imagination start running with the scenery and things got better. I ultimately found the books perspective on society and love inspiring and good. The revelation this book provided to me basically has to do with the art of "getting in love" or "falling in love", and how that effects our lives. I would recommend A Room With A View to most anyone, and I am interested to see what else E. M. Forster writes about.