PDA

View Full Version : Best book ever!!!

Louise
05-24-2005, 06:07 PM
Well, i was reading this book in my spare time, because it was part of the homework given to the people taking english combined to read a classic over the holidays. I must admit I did't read an awful lot, well nothing really, and I was a slow reader....not any more though!<br>This book seemed a very daunting task, but slowly and surely a whole new world was opened up to me. I started seeing life in a completely different way. How could one small book that takes up next to no space, contain such a ginormous world...each page filled with emotion I'd never imagined. I became so involved with the character of Tess and Angel Clare, and connected with all the characters in some way, I just wanted to talk about them all the time, and for everyone to share the experience I was experiencing! I officially caught the reading bug, and I made it my aim to read 3 chapters a day! the last one hundred pages went so fast as I couldn't bare to put it down. I needed to know what happened next! It was only when I'd finished it I realised I had seen the film and therefore knew the ending without reaslising it. It didn't matter though... it just gave me distinct images in my head sub conciously! An amazing book! it holds dear to my heart...the 1st book that has stimulated me, and I'm glad I can finally appreciate a good book. I'll shall never forget it, and I wish I could just thank Thomas Hardy for giving me this gift that everyone should have,<br>THANK YOU xoxox