PDA

View Full Version : No Subject

Unregistered
06-09-2004, 01:00 AM
Yes, I very much so agree. We as humans should enjoy life the way it is. Not the way it could be.

Angi H.
03-18-2005, 01:01 PM
I agree completely. My College Prep English 11 class read this, and most of us were shocked as to how real some of Huxley's ideas are. Today, people clone and play God like kids play Candy Land. People have sex with numerous partners and have no emotional attachment. Drugs are passed about freely. It saddens me to see that everything Huxley feared would happen to the world has happened. But what can we do? Nothing. We can no more change the world views of ethical issues that we can change the composition of air, of water. The only thing we can do is pray. That's the only option today's world has given us.

callaway
03-20-2005, 08:05 PM
I do not believe the world we live in is even close to that of Huxley's BNW! When I walk through my campus I see nothing but individuals. I don't have sex with any women I feel like! I don't see children running around naked and playing "erotic games" with one another! I have not seen or heard of the first cloned human! <br>I believe that most humans are smart enough to know that they cannot play God.

Masha B.
05-24-2005, 06:07 PM
Each day our world looks more and more like Huxley's Brave New World. Cloning is a wonder of modern science nowadays. How long before people realize that we cannot play God?