PDA

View Full Version : Book review

Unregistered
06-23-2004, 01:00 AM
The scary thing is that modern "soma" antidepressants etc. now exist, it is the engineered mind-set that people feel they HAVE to take these drugs. The brainwashing is so complete in some of my own friends it is impossible to get them to be objective or accept and weigh up the side effects. Its almost a memetic effect. If you want an education in how strong this is try getting someone with a history of antidepressant use etc. to discuss their dependency!.

onlyme
05-24-2005, 06:07 PM
I read that book 30 years ago, loved it, and re-read it again a few months ago before my 14 years old son read it, and loved it again! <br>In this work, Aldous Huxley vision of the world is amazingly accurate for our times. <br>All the "feel good" drugs that are now around, and the cloning, in our search for perfection, this book is quite actual. The price that is being paid for this world is scary, and also maybe not that far ahead. <br>

Taime
06-12-2006, 06:11 AM
I've just finished reading 'Redemption' by English author Wayne Sharrocks.
It's a truly excellent read combining dark psychology, a quick wit and flawlss
storytelling to take you on an emotional journey.
It's an intelligent and lucid psychological thriller that keeps you turning the pages. The author lures you seductively into his world and you are soon experiencing a full range of emotions as it's sad, funny, loving, hateful and has a superb sting in the tail.
I noticed that it's been getting rave reviews on the Amazon website so obviously a few other people have unearthed this literay gem.
Well worth checking out...

Stewart
08-11-2006, 09:03 AM
I noticed that it's been getting rave reviews on the Amazon website so obviously a few other people have unearthed this literay gem.
Yes, Wayne (and perhaps his family) is doing a sterling job of promoting this self-published drivel. Three cheers for people who just don't know how to market their own drek!