PDA

View Full Version : No Subject

Unregistered
12-19-2002, 02:00 AM
I can't believe that anyone who spells the word "definitely" with an "a" and leaves the "k" off of the word "knew" has read even a line of Dostoevsky. Stop lying.

Unregistered
07-27-2003, 01:00 AM
You have to be kidding me with those comments. First of all the reader is stating his opinion. I'm guessing he/she is not a writer, or a dataproccesor but rather a fan of Dostoyevsky's work and wishes to express that appreciation. <br><br>Instead of knocking someone for their grammer, why dont you state your opinion of the book....which I believe is what this site was intended for. Based on your comments, there is no evidence that you yourself read the book. Your merely a meanspirited person with too much time on their hands.

Unregistered
09-11-2003, 01:00 AM
I wholeheartedly agree, and more to the point, for someone who picks on grammar and spelling you can't even spell the name of the author you are referring to. There are two y's in it.

Unregistered
02-21-2004, 02:00 AM
I can't believe that anybody who would pounce on somebody and call them a liar for making three simple spelling errors has read any Dostoevsky carefully enough to learn anything useful about life.

Unregistered
05-24-2005, 06:03 PM
This is definately my favorite novel of all time. In no other book I've read has there been such provocative material. Dostoevsky certainly new how to delve into the human mind and spirit. The relegious debates were quiet intriguing, such as smerdyakov's example of a person denying Jesus under the threat of death and Ivan's story of the Grand Inquisitor. And yet with all of the side stories and philosophy, the book does not cease to have an incredible plot to go along with them. Dostoevsky is definately the greatest of all novelists and this is his greatest work.