PDA

View Full Version : No Subject

Greg
07-27-2003, 01:00 AM
Dear Lucia, <br>I believe that if D. could read your comments he would be more than happy, sure he wanted that the readers would ask the questions similar to yours to themselves. <br>It always happens that the best pure people are not understood by us in the fuss of days we consider them mad and not fitted to our ‘modern’ life. <br>Your question whether Myshkin’s sacrifice was vain, is just perfect. Think he was unable to live and act by another way. Vain or not depends on us (including other heroes of the book), how he influenced on us, whether he forced us without pressure to reconsider our perception of live and attitude to other people.<br>

Pavel
05-29-2004, 01:00 AM
Yes, I must admitt that I tend to agree with you; however I wrote that comment when I was only about half-way done with the book.

Lucia
05-24-2005, 06:07 PM
I want to answer to Pavel with another question; How can you not hate mishkin? everybody laughs at him,he say all that he thinks, and when he has to chose he hurt the woman he loves in order to save another one who and the end, can´t save...Yes, Myshkin is a grat charachter, the thing is that I read it a few months ago and I still don´t know if I love him or hate him, just that simple, and what happened to me happened to most of the characters in the book. Rogojin, Nastasia, Aglaya, Hippolit. all of them. I think if I knew him I would hate him, love him, killed him and then cry for what I´ve done<br>Thats one of the thing I most love of the book. I think Aglaya loved him but she hate him because he didn´t defened himself.<br>I´m still thinking about the end...was Mishkin sacrifice in vain? or it did save somebodi?<br>Onether thing I love is when Hippolit askes the prinece about what did he mean by saying that Beauty will save the world....GREAT...<br>The idiot...one of the best books I ever read.