PDA

View Full Version : No Subject

Unregistered
05-24-2005, 06:07 PM
i think, the reviewerer did read the book, he gives you more of a summery and an introduction to the book than his thoughts, he tells you of the characters as they are first portrayed to you, one of the greatest things about the book is how you were mislead at the begining of the book by who you thought the characters were. in my opinion most of the characters were introduce in the oposit way as i now see them. and as to the subject of myshking and him being an "idiot" i think that is what you begin to believe, though you get a hint of his inteligence at certain points, i think the whole point of myshkin is that in all accounts you would think he was an idiot, he has hardly any education, and never really lived in the real world, but in the end you see a whole different side and think that maybe he's the oposit of what an idiot is. also maybe he's an "idiot" becasue he is betrayed, made a victim and so many other things, yet still maintains his trust and love for the human race, i think this is the first book with a truely good and pure character, that maintains this though he is a victim and has been exposed to human cruelty, he retains his trust through most of the book. the characaters are so well developed and there are so many character surprises, thats what makes this book simply amazing..., its not typical, and its characters are facinating