I am starting to think the only was to be rid of your voice inside my head
Would be to just do away with it all
It might be better to be dead
So when i answer my souls cry, when i answer it's call
I will finally be rid of you
And your voice telling me i can't do it-

Phoenix_Tears
07-31-2003, 11:34 PM
DONT EVEN bother to read my poetry if you do not reply. i am sorry but its getting awfully annoying. I answer everyone's poems because i know thats the reason we post our poetry here is to have people tell us what they think. This may be the last time i come here-
Ciao-

Admin
07-31-2003, 11:52 PM
The forums aren't yet busy enough that you should expect replies within a day -- but keep posting and hopefully eventually they will be.

gatsbysghost
08-01-2003, 02:59 AM
I like most of your poems I have read. I don't post because I am not good at critiquing (sp?) other peoples works, especially poetry. Everyone would get tired of me saying the same thing all of the time, which would be "I like it."

darktiger_64
08-01-2003, 04:26 PM
It does take time for boards to get going, keep with it, replies will come sooner or later.

waxmephilosophical
08-01-2003, 04:58 PM
I like this one, especially the way you describe the oppressive, biting nature of this person's words and their effect on you. By the way, I suppose the reason I don't reply to some of your poems is that they're dark, for the most part, and that's usually not my style of poetry...I simply don't have much to say about them.

Phoenix_Tears
08-01-2003, 08:58 PM
Sorry, it's just last night i was in a foul mood. Thanks though, one of my biggest liabuilities is my impatient nature. I tend to be quite quick tempered, not good qualities i admit, but they have their purposes i suppose.. thanks though. i write dark, i simply have trouble writing lighter happier poems, when i do, they absolutely suck. lol
'spose i'll stay, lol
Phoen-X

gatsbysghost
08-01-2003, 11:01 PM
that's me exactly. If it isn't about nature, conflict, or some deeply hurtful episode, I can't write without sounding like a Hallmark card.

Phoenix_Tears
08-02-2003, 01:51 AM
lol, and i can't write like a hallmark card!
~*still laughing*~
Phoenix

ryokan
08-02-2003, 02:29 AM
Namaste'
Bloodlust is a concept that appears not more than 5000 years into the human past. Deep down in our souls, especially if we've been tormented by others somehow, its an alien concept. I've seen too many of the few remaining "primal" people left on Gaia and few have anything resembling "bloodlust" in their lives.

I sense deep hurt, here..., and bloodlust is not the way. There's too much in Irag, in Liberia, in central Africa, Eastern Europe, etc. I've witnessed it in S. Africa. Keep the poems coming, and perhaps the pain will ebb, one day....

Peace and ease.

Phoenix_Tears
08-02-2003, 02:53 AM
R,
something about the way you replied is just awesome. I have no clue what it is though..lol
Ciao-
Phoen-X

ryokan
08-02-2003, 06:43 PM
Greetings,
Glad it touched something....
Keep the words flowing. The ancient crystalline spirit within us all is there, tho' it often seems something only to "laugh out loud" about, in these times. IF you keep the words flowing, one day, perhaps, you may touch the ancient space.
Once, an elder of the Lummi tribe in Wa. state, told me, "...the spirit is like a crystal within the heart, with many facets. Over time it may become encrusted by experience with obscuring matter. And yet, it is there, shining out, waiting."
I was told this in a thundestorm moving in off the Puget Sound. It was pure magic. The old man had hundreds of lines/wrinkles on his face, and his fierce, gentle blue eyes, allowed me to see what he meant. The rain arrived in torrents. We went into the longhouse and ate fresh roasted salmon from the bay. I spent 15 days with them. It transformed my spirit, and allowed suppressed light to come out after 38 years of ignoring it, distracted from it by everyday trivia.

Keep the faith!