PDA

View Full Version : Cervantez' Quixote

Mario
05-24-2005, 06:07 PM
First, I enjoyed reading what you all had to say about the novel. It is a great novel, and filled with imagination only a mind like Cervantez' could share. As far as to why people should read Don Quixote: This is a masterpiece. It has been regarded as a masterpiece, but it becomes clearer and clearer as one reads. It is an easy read, so most of the information and story will stick around in one's head, but the importance of this novel easily transcends all "schematic," or "stereotypical," or "superficial" sets of analysis around and available. There is a "Quixotization" in Sancho Panza. There is "Sanchification" in Don Quixote, and each stand respectively for dreams (or illusions) and reality. This is a highly complex thematic element, because one does not read literature to believe or learn, or accetp - but to consider.<br><br><br>The same theme emerges in Gabriel Garcia Marquez' One Hundred Years of Solitude. It is a highly regenerative theme that makes the reader wonder what reality is, but never forget (and Cervantez tells us this), that the purpose of this book is to end, once and for all, the belief in the rightiousness and loyalty and respect for chivalry.<br><br>It is an interesting book, but if you are wondering about reading it or not, you should read a short analysis on it. Cliff Notes are amazing at this. I hope you get to the bottom of Don Quixote, because there is where the reason for reading it exists.

fanfan277
03-07-2006, 03:50 AM
Don Quixote is passionately devoted to his own imaginative creation, the beautiful Dulcinea. "Oh Dulcinea de Tobosa, day of my night, glory of my suffering, true North and compass of every path I take, guiding star of my fate..."
how to analynise his attitude towards Dulcinea?/

wzmh
02-22-2009, 11:07 PM
By reading the book of Psalms, I think one can analyse such attitude of Don Quixote's.

chrismythoi
08-31-2009, 06:25 PM
i thought the main theme of the book is that oten characters say things which are true and also false.
i cannot think of a direct example, but the don himself is the best example of this. he often perceives events and his surroundings as fantastical and in need of his chivalrous endeavours, whereas the reader is privy to the fact it is all folly. however that the don is so quick to defend his actions with both irrefutable ideals, and ridiculous beliefs points to the fact that don quixote is often in the right, even though he is fundamentally misguided.