PDA

View Full Version : No Subject

Unregistered
09-13-2003, 01:00 AM
Your spelling is atrocious. Criticize yourself before you criticize others.

Unregistered
09-13-2003, 01:00 AM
Start reading literature dude. If you can't even see the value in the work, I think you ought to enroll into elementary school again. And yea, I'd prefer this to some philosophical transcripts, anytime.

Dorian Grey
01-21-2005, 05:56 PM
This is a classic in american and british litterature learn to appreciate it it is the greatest book of our time.

Le Comte
03-21-2005, 02:48 PM
Wilde has made some well observed philosophical references in this wonderful piece of literature. These are not 'Ramblings' but a well thought out personal view of an author. Have you ever written anything, have you been able to stop yourself from putting your own views into the writing? The philosophy is also only a small part of the book if you remain open minded. This is because it explores not only the innocence of youth but also delves into some untouched literary territory of the time with its innuendo at unspeakable occurences. Indeed this book was used as evidence at Wildes' trial at the Old Bailey in 1895. To truley feel the essence of the book try to re read it without fixating on Wilde himself.

Unregistered
05-24-2005, 06:07 PM
*yawn* this book was a bore. If i wanted to read about philosophy I would pick up a transcript of plato or something... not some amateur named wilde who rambles on and on about his personal philosophical views, and applies them to the characters as to divert the attention his ridiculess idea attract to the characters of his novel...