PDA

View Full Version : I love these books!!!!!!!

Amy
05-24-2005, 06:07 PM
I personally loved all the books that Sir Arthur Conan Doyle have written. It is perticually difficult to choose a favourite. But if i absolutely had to choose, i would say that the Sherlock Holmes series was absolutey be my favourite. The way he descripts all the details, and there is so much suspence i just to keep reading and reading.<br>I wish that Sir Arthur Conan Doyle were here now, so that he could see what a huge impact he has on people all over the world.<br><br>Sincerly,<br><br>Amy Smith

Reichenbach
10-22-2005, 03:07 PM
I agree, I was so gripped by the stories that I read them all! My favourites were: 'The Problem of Thor Bridge' 'A Scandal in Bohemia' and 'Charles Augustus Milverton'!

I know it is one of the most famous, but I found that ' The Hound of the Baskervilles' was my least favourite! Although it was still very good! Doyle is a genius!

If you think you knoe the books that well, then answer this . . .

What does my name, 'Reichenbach', refere to from the series? ;)

Sherlock.Holmes
05-26-2009, 02:04 PM
Wasn't that where Sherlock fought against Moriarty, and was believed to be dead? Or something like that, I don't remember it's been like 5 years+ since I've read the books. I will buy the whole series in the summer!

It was a waterfall I think...

Big Dante
12-25-2010, 02:57 AM
I recently bought the complete Sherlock Holmes and they are even better than I expected. Everything about them is amazing and there is never a dull moment in them. In most stories you have your action and then your boring parts in between but with Doyle you are drawn into the entire story even if it is just Watson and Sherlock sitting by the fire talking.

Gorikd
04-21-2011, 09:52 AM
Hi,
I wondered if some of you guys know if this edition (see link below) also contains the illustrations of the strand magazine?

http://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/product/1904919723/ref=pd_lpo_k2_dp_sr_2?pf_rd_p=103612307&pf_rd_s=lpo-top-stripe&pf_rd_t=201&pf_rd_i=1904633358&pf_rd_m=A3P5ROKL5A1OLE&pf_rd_r=0BMFTZX1YFDM0QNJQZZ9