PDA

View Full Version : Sherlock Holmes

Mac Gellar
05-24-2005, 06:07 PM
I really liked all the adventures of Sherlock Holmes. I believe that his methods of deduction are above human but not impossible to possess. I recommend that the readers try to apply Holmes' methods because those are very useful.

Reichenbach
10-22-2005, 02:56 PM
I agree, I've tried some of them and, although I'm not half as good as the 'real' thing, I've stunned a couple of people.

Things like telling them they play guitar or that they were dropped off a long way from their usual bus stop! It's great fun watcing their faces when I say elementary! :D It really annoys them, but once I reveal my tricks it becomes too obviously simple!!

holmesian
10-31-2005, 01:59 AM
how did you conjecture those 'elementary' stuff?

Reichenbach
02-12-2006, 09:44 AM
I play guitar and know for a fact that the nails on the left hand of a guitar player are quite a bit shorter than those on the right, secondly the skin on the tips of the fingers it hardened and rough.
As for the bus stop, my friend lives outside the area for where the school bus stops so her mum has to drive her to the bus stop. If her mum drives her to a bus stop, where she can do nothing but stand on the pavement and I meet her the moment she gets off the bus in the school grounds. Why are her trousers covered in mud?
It was obvious by her hair, which she would never normally wear down, that she was in a rush. This meant that her mum had had some reason for making her walk to the bus stop or for dropping her of a few blocks away from her bus stop.
(It turned out that her mum was running late because there had been a power cut during the night so none of the alarms had gone off and the entire house had woken up late!)