PDA

View Full Version : information

Unregistered
10-23-2002, 01:00 AM
i too, also am in possessioin of a copy of Lambs Tales from Shakespeare, small in size and color of greenish brown, with detailed border on outside to form border. Please comment if anyone has any thought or knowledge of the value of this fine piece of work by Charles Lamb. Published by George M. Hill publishing house located in Chicago. Several notations in book cite dates in the 1800's.

Sarah
04-17-2003, 01:00 AM
I too have a redish hard cover book without a date. It is published by Collins' Clear-Type Press London and Glasgow. The cover has two children reading beside some steps. If anyone has any information or interested in purchasing please email - any response welcome!

barb
06-09-2004, 01:00 AM
my mother has the book too! but its dated 1891 and was published by george ruutledge and sons, limited, new york 9 lafayette place<br>london, glasgow & manchester.<br>she wanted me to find out anything i could about it!<br>it's not in bad shape at all for its age!

stu
01-21-2005, 05:59 PM
i have a similar copy <br>brown hard back with black and white pictures in it<br><br>the first page has an inscription in it dating from july 29 1886<br>cant find a value though<br><br>stuart

Mysterious
04-09-2005, 05:33 PM
Yes, the book was worth somthing. The plays have been written very nicely and i enjoyed it! Try it, its not bad!!

AMS
04-27-2005, 10:31 AM
I was given the book by a relative that was ready to dispose of it. The book is signed by Julia F. Paine dated 1891 and was also published by George, Routledge and Sons, Limited. This book is also in somewhat good condition for its age. I wonder how may books are out there and what the value would be. Would anyone know?

cathy
05-24-2005, 06:07 PM
I have a book TALES FROM SHAKESPEARE its a small redish colored book by<br>charles and mary lamb with colored illustrations.. I was wondering how old it was and if it was worth any thing?? could some one let me know ??please ,thankyou..

sweetgrass
11-12-2005, 05:12 PM
Hello fellow book lovers,
I have a leather bound, Shakspeare's Works, with a picture of a younger Shakspeare with a copy of his signature. It is brown leather with gold edged pages..
It is published by Frederick Warne and co. and both London and New York show around the name. It also says, by the editor of the Chandos Classics and has a logo of a horseshoe and wings " the albion" edition. I would appreciate more info on this well loved book. cheers, Sweetgrass