PDA

View Full Version : No Subject

Unregistered
05-16-2004, 01:00 AM
Haha...I have to agree with much that you said. I didn't enjoy the book very much myself, but I've realized the writing is elegant and the plot enchanting. Maybe if Shakespeare had tried his hand at such a story (Romeo and Juliet doesn't count), it would have been more powerful.

Unregistered
03-08-2005, 02:00 PM
Honestly, I don't want to be too in touch with my inner depression, which is the only kind of inner emotion this book brings out in me. Sure, the book was well-written and all, but the ending spoiled any "bittersweetness" I might have enjoyed in the beginning. And personally, I'm not looking for a more "interesting" story, just a story that's a little more happy. For me, a good book is the kind of book that makes you feel good about yourself at the end. All that analyzation of classic literature may sound good, but in the end it just doesn't add up to a good book for me.

Unregistered
05-24-2005, 06:07 PM
It's too bad that some readers are not in touch enough with their own emotions to enjoy the romantic undertones expressed in this bittersweet story. I don't think a strong sense of what this story is about can be gleaned from its pages at 12:30am the morning that the essay is due, at least not enough to give a valuable review for other potential readers. It is dark, however, if that is all you pay attention to, you're not getting the whole picture. Also, if you know anything about people on a broad spectrum, you will realize that the characters in this book are more normal and human than most characters you may read about in more "interesting" stories. Unless helicopters and rocket launchers are all that turn you on.