PDA

View Full Version : Ethan Frome

Unregistered
11-06-2002, 02:00 AM
I feel the same way! I also have a paper to write, and wolud never have read this novella if it was not for a grade. No human being should subject himself to this kind of punishment.<br>

Unregistered
11-23-2002, 02:00 AM
Being a high school English teacher, I can add that one should sit down and slowly inhale this novel, for reading it at 12:30 a.m. is like drinking cheap wine in which half the cork gets stuck because the proper tools to open the bottle are missing.

Unregistered
12-19-2002, 02:00 AM
I wouldn't drink that cheap wine...

Unregistered
04-17-2003, 01:00 AM
first of all...thats not a very good reason for me to sit down and read the book ms."high school English teacher"...if you want to relate to students and have them listen to you and learn while they are at it. dont compare a book to "cheap wine" because a high school student wouldnt know about it. thanks.

DJ Excen
05-24-2005, 06:03 PM
I am writing this a 12:30 AM on a Sunday night. I have an essay due tomorrow at 8:00 AM. Do not, I repeat, DO NOT choose to read this book. It may have good lessons, but it is depressing, and the characters in it are moronic, in the academic sense of the word. I did enjoy it, up until Chapter 8. Stop there, if you do read this book.