PDA

View Full Version : No Subject

Haley Leigh
05-24-2005, 06:07 PM
I first read this book when I was in 4th grade. It was my teacher's copy and she let me borrow it. WHen I got home, I remember laying on my parents big bed and not being able to put it down. That was the one and only time I had an opportunity to read it until recently. The spell it casts is just as strong as ever, after eight years! The book is the only bit of "Phantom" I have ever read of seen until even more recently, when I went out and bought the easy adult piano (I haven't practised in almost five years) book of the major songs from Weber's musical. Inspired by that, I have a tape of some of the songs, and only today read the play's script online. If ever I am in New York again, I will not be returning to Broadway in order to get an encore of "Miss Saigon"--terrific though it was. Instead I shall be going to see "Phantom" in all it's glory! One of these days (perhaps when I make more than that of a lowly babysitter's wages) I will begin a sincere collection of "Phantom" items; but until then, "The Phantom of the Opera is there, inside my mind..."

Phangirl7
08-22-2009, 10:52 AM
Totally agree! I'm on my 7th read and it is just as mesmerizing as the first time! I discover new things every time I read it!
P.G.7.