PDA

View Full Version : No Subject

Unregistered
05-24-2005, 06:07 PM
'The Phantom of the Opera' is one of the best books I have ever read! Don't listen to anybody who puts it down...they just don't know a good book when they see one. The best books around are the classic, old ones, like the 'Phantom', Wuthering Heights, Pride and Prejudice, etc. Erik is brilliant! There's no-one like him anywhere, not in any other book on earth, except those who copied the phantom. If you loved 'The pHantom of the Opera' by Leroux as much as I did, and are clamouring to find out more about Erik, then read Susan Kay's 'Phantom'. It's about his childhood, what he did when he was growing up, etc. I preferred the ending in this book than to Leroux's original one because it was the ending I wanted to read from the original, where Christine actually does love Erik and wants to be with him, rather than Raoul, although it takes her quite a while to realise this. She loves him and marries him, despite Raoul's obvious objections, and even (look away now if you don't want it to be spoiled) has his child, pretending to Raoul that it is his, although he does realise eventually. Brilliant book! So are various film versions and the musical with Micahel Crawford as the 'Phantom'. I think the best versions of the character are Michael Crawford, Charles Dance and Lon Chaney, although it is a silent film with him in it. Long live Erik!

Phangirl7
08-22-2009, 12:23 PM
Well said, long live Erik and the story of the Phantom!
P.G.7.