PDA

View Full Version : Book

Frankie
05-24-2005, 06:07 PM
I first heard the song "All I Ask of You" from the musical when I was in the 4th grade because my sister's choir sang it for their concert. My sister let me listen to it, and I fell in love with it! I sang it for our 4th grade talent show, and I was so intrigued by the song, I decided to read the book. I was so enamored with it, and there were parts that as a 4th grader I didn't quite understand, that I read it again a year later. Every summer since then, I've read this book, and I can never get enough! I've always wanted to be a singer, and I hope to go into opera someday. I know exactly how Christine felt when she said, "I don't know myself when I sing." It took me years to finally understand that, but this year I discovered that feeling, and it's absolutely breath-taking! Call me a romantic, but this story just doesn't get any better. For those of you who don't like it (and it's just my personal opinion, so please don't get angry), I'm sorry to hear that you're missing out on such a great story!

Phangirl7
08-22-2009, 11:52 AM
I agree, if you haven't read this, you don't know what you're missing! (Just my opinon, don't get mad!)
P.G.7.

lillottezobel
11-26-2009, 11:18 PM
Hmmm....sounds familier...
I fell in love with POTO when our chorus teacher played us the title song last year. WE had what we called Opera Day: whatever you wanted to say, you had to sing, and since the music appreation class was watching phantom, she let us lisen to the song. That inspired me to watch the movie, which inspired me to watch the original 1935 silent film, which eventually got me to read the book. (There's a funny story with the music apreciattion class: we were in 6th grade, so there wasn't much language you could use, and when it got to the song "Stranger than you dreamt it" the entire class was apparently in shock the movie go to it, and our teacher told them "You didn't hear that! IT was just your imagenation!" I kn ow the story because my best friend was in that music class. I'm in the chorus class with opera days).

lillottezobel
11-26-2009, 11:19 PM
Sorry for the spelling/grammer