PDA

View Full Version : other books

Vehred
02-21-2004, 02:00 AM
I have never seen the musical, but I've heard the soundtrack, seen the silent film, and read the book. It is easy to become obsessed with the tale, and I think we all feel connected to the Phantom. He is the epitomy of dejection, tragedy, and longing. Anyone who has experienced these will sympathize with the Opera Ghost.

Unregistered
I have not yet read the book but look forword to it and what i know about Erik i feel like i have a conection with him. Because he has been tormented all through his life I can see where he is comeing from as I also have been tourmented throughout my life on a lesser scale.

Anna Frost
Me too, I feel a wierd connection towards the phantom of the opera......it's almost as if I fell in love with the character itself!

Unregistered
06-11-2004, 01:00 AM
I feel pretty much the same except the Phantom doesn't scare me.

Charlotte Mitchell
02-05-2005, 09:39 PM
I feel exactly the same way about him, as though he is a real person. I start arguing and shouting at anybody who dares to 'diss' him...I get very passionate about the whole thing. Another version of 'The Phantom' that was absolutely brilliant is Susan Kay's 'Phantom'. It's about Erik's childhood, what he did as he was growing up, etc, before he went to the Opera House. It continues the story right up until, and even after, he dies. I preferred the ending of this particular book than the original Gaston Leroux one because, not to spoil anything, but it's just so much...well, nicer, in my opinion. Christine actually loves him, and wants to be with him, rather than yearning to get away. I really wanted her to love Erik in Leroux's version, but she doesn't, not in the way I wanted her to. Trust me, read this version...you won't regret it.

Liz
05-24-2005, 06:07 PM
I haven't read any other novels about Phantom except Leroux's and was wondering if anyone thought which one was the best. I became obsessed with POTO when it came out and I was a little girl. Kind of scarey why I have such an obsession with a musical or story but I feel some sort of strange connection with the Phantom but am also scared by him. Does anyone else feel this way too?

Phangirl7
08-22-2009, 11:48 AM
Well, I'll admit I'm scared of novel Erik. If I saw him, I would probably be Christine and just stand there in horror.
P.G.7.

lillottezobel
11-26-2009, 11:23 PM
Agree with phangirl, yourself, and most of the comments on this thread.