PDA

View Full Version : Help, please

shinimegami_2003
07-19-2003, 05:32 PM
Will somebody PLEASE help me with this. There is a book titled The Portrait of Dorian Grey, or something like that. Can somebody please tell me how to correctly spell it and who the author is. I would also like to know if anyone knows who wrote the poem The Highway Man. Thanks.

~Shinimegami

Blackadder
07-19-2003, 07:10 PM
The Portrait of Dorian Grey is sometimes also called The Picture of Dorian Grey. It was written by Oscar Wilde.

"The Highwayman" is the one that goes "The highwayman came riding, riding, riding...the highwayman came riding up to the old inn door" right? If that's the one you're asking after, the author was Alfred Noyes.

Here's a link to the poem: http://www.monologues.co.uk/Dramatic/The_Highwayman.htm

For if you want to make sure I've got the right one.

Hope that helps.

shinimegami_2003
07-21-2003, 08:54 PM
Oh, thank you sooooooooooooo much. I really appreciateyour help. And yes, that's the poem I was talking about. Thanks again.

~Shinimegami

Blackadder
07-21-2003, 10:53 PM
You're welcome.

alicemay
01-25-2008, 09:07 AM
Will somebody PLEASE help me with this. There is a book titled The Portrait of Dorian Grey, or something like that. Can somebody please tell me how to correctly spell it and who the author is. I would also like to know if anyone knows who wrote the poem The Highway Man. Thanks.

~Shinimegami

Hi....You are on the right track. The book title is either "The Portrait of Dorian Grey" OR "Gray", don't know which spelling is correct. The title could perhaps be "The Picture Of Dorian Grey/Gray". It's either portrait or picture.
I THINK it was written by Oscar Wilde, but can't be sure.
"The Highwayman" (one word) (wonderful poem !!) was written by Alfred Noyes. I am quite sure of that.
Cheers and happy reading from alicemay (Australia).