PDA

View Full Version : The Best

Socrates399
05-24-2005, 06:07 PM
Dickens is my favorite author, and Little Dorrit is my favorite book by him. Honestly, I don't think any other book is so romantic. There are others reasons of course, but I just love Mr. Clennam. But don't get me wrong - I'm not so stupid that I like books only for their romance. I think the whole circumlocution office bit is a stroke of genius! And Mr. Panks. I think next to Seth Pecksniff, Mr. Panks is one of the most memorable Dicken's characters.

sophie5467
05-25-2009, 08:46 PM
way to go Pancks! he's a great character but he seems really shady in the beginning. i didn't trust him until well into the second book. i kept thinking, "one of these days the dorrits are going to find out pancks scammed them." i guess i wasn't paying attention because dickens alluded to mr. casby's corruption and pressuring pancks and i didn't see that. so i was just as bad as a Bleeding Heart when it came to my opinions about Pancks. he winds up being involved in a lot. he's a messenger when Arthur's in prison, helps out the dorrits, takes on casby, etc. my favorite dickens character yet.

bluosean
08-10-2009, 04:30 PM
This is supposed to be Dickens best book along with Bleak House. I liked it a lot. I liked Bleak house and David Copperfield more though.