PDA

View Full Version : a Great Book

Unregistered
09-11-2003, 01:00 AM
I also read the book for summer reading and enjoyed it. It was deeeeeep!

anonymous
05-16-2004, 01:00 AM
Understanding this book is like understanding how to add. It is so easy to read, but it also has so much information which makes it more interesting.

B
05-24-2005, 06:07 PM
i'm reading this book as one of summer reading for school and it's really moved me and that tells mehow i should behave as in my life. i've written some poems about it and everyone should read it! especially it's short!

snoopdawg90
03-27-2008, 01:05 AM
The novel indeed was excellent as it teaches many individuals to seek their own path to personal freedom and happiness. I do not agree that Govinda should have achieved enlightenment first because he chose the path of guidance and assistance whereas Siddhartha chose his own path to enlightenment. Even though Siddhartha went off course by becoming a wealthy business owner and enjoying a rich life, he still gave up all those luxurious, materialistic possessions in order for him to spiritually gain happiness. Thus, he entered the river thinking to commit suicide but saw spiritual visions through the river reminding him of Om and the path to Nirvana. Therefore, he obtained the spiritual powers by understanding nature and his Self in order to attain total enlightenment and personal freedom. Govinda, on the other hand, simply followed Buddha's teachings. Even though Buddha found personal freedom through his Self, his teachings and knowledge on achieving enlightenment couldn't help an individual from achieving it because the teachings can be passed down as guidance or knowledge to an individual, but an individual must use that knowledge in order to obtain wisdom and Self-realization. In addition, enlightenment is reached when one takes the journey on his own spiritually gaining all the powers and forces to reach personal freedom. Therefore, Siddhartha obtained enlightenment first and Govinda obtained it afterwards. However, it doesn't matter about who gets it first because there is no time when one is seeking enlightenment. Also, individuals like Siddhartha who sought their enlightenment waited patiently for it to come because the journey is long and there are many obstacles that one must overcome in order for him/her to be free.